Please help with infinity components

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lmyb's
10+ year member

i Am wondering if stepping up and paying 100 more for the perfect 6.1 and getting the kappa 5 x 7 572.3cf would be good for sq or getting one set of the kappa 60.2 cs component and one set of the kappa 60.3cs. would be better. I am going for sq and want to stay with all infinity. Any help would be great cause i am getting different opions from my local shops. and is it better to get components in front and rear and have no 2 way speakers

but what about the rear do you think 5x7 will sound great i want about the best sq i can get. i really want kick panels but can't afford them

If you are after SQ primarily, omit the rear fill. It usually interferes with overall soundstage by pulling the music more to the rear- which is undesirable for any SQ application. Stick with the Perfect 6.1's up front and and power them with a quality amplifier and they should be all you need.

I have been competing in IASCA SQ competitions for quite a while, and have seldom seen many SQ systems with rear speakers that do well. They are expendable with a well tuned front stage.

take it easy,

-zane

O.K. skip the rear. i am getting dynomat or something along that lines for the front doors in my car. i have a 99 mercury cougar. also the guy was trying to sell me something the fit behind and around the speaker. it wasn't a baffler. i was wondering if you knew what this was and if it's ok to use. he said it would have no pink noise but it doesn;t look like it would help. and also any comment on a sq system would be helpfull. i dont want to compete but i would like a system that could almost.

thaks very much to any one who has replied

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.