**Please Help!!** Officially getting pissed!

swaptrex
10+ year member

Supporting Member
Michigan
Ok, so I have a JVC kd-s100 HU paired with an alpine mrp-m500 amp and memphis M3. I ran all the wiring, etc, ground wire under the seat (used dremel so know I have a decent ground) the amp light comes on and stays on when the car is turned on. All connections seem fine.

But Im getting no bass from the sub, if I put my hand on the sub I can feel the slightest bit of movement but barely noticeable. I checked the HU for a sub on/off setting but didnt find one. What is my issue most likely? I tried searching but the search function hasn't been working for me on this site. Please help me, I'm going crazy...

So much can be going on here.. lets start with.. Have you checked the sub with a dmm to check the coils make sure its not blown? Phase messed up? is the sub a dvc? if so did you remember to wire in both coils? it happens lol I have seen it.. idk go from there..

gain is all the way down, theres a bass knob on the amp itself but looks stock?
Turn the gain up a little bit and watch it get louder. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Don't turn it up all the way.

Turn the gain up a little bit and watch it get louder. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gifDon't turn it up all the way.
If he left his gain all the way down then I bet his x-over frequency is probably set wrong as well.

If he left his gain all the way down then I bet his x-over frequency is probably set wrong as well.
I mentioned not to turn it up all the way so that he won't be like, "Hey, the higher I turn it up the louder it gets, let's turn it up all the way," and then end up breaking things. And I said to turn it up, because when he does he will notice it will get louder, and discover that was his problem.

He will need to learn how to set the gain correctly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.