Please Help....Need to know wiring on a 2 channel amp..need help fast

Participant count
  • Participant list

Miller
10+ year member

$
I have a 2 channel amp and my friend wired my 2 4 ohm DVC Type-R's both in series. The amp I have does 200 RMS x 2 @ 2 ohms. I'm a little confused on if he wired this right or if I should re wire it. He wired both of my 4 ohm DVC subs in series to each channel. Doesnt that make it 8 ohms at each channel?? when the amp says it does 200x2 at 2 ohms does that mean I should wire both channels at 2 ohms or combined the channels should equal 2 ohms. Thanks

I've seen the sticky...but I guess my question is....When an amp says it does 200x 2 @ 2 ohms does that mean each channel should be wired to a 2 ohm load?? So if I have 2 4 ohm DVC subs both of them should be wired in parrallel to make 2 ohms into each channel...right??

Miller: I had the same situation. If you want your subs hooked up to your amp for a 2-ohm load, you have three options:

1) Wire each sub's VC's in parallel for 2 ohms and run each one from a separate channel on the amp (not bridged)

2) Wire each VC in parallel (2 ohms) then put both subs in series for 4 ohms total and wire to the amp bridged

3) Wire each VC in series (8 ohms) then parallel the two subs, which also gives 4 ohms, then to the bridged amp.

I used option 2. It doesn't matter though, good luck.

Originally posted by Miller I've seen the sticky...but I guess my question is....When an amp says it does 200x 2 @ 2 ohms does that mean each channel should be wired to a 2 ohm load?? So if I have 2 4 ohm DVC subs both of them should be wired in parrallel to make 2 ohms into each channel...right??
That's correct.

Ya...I ended up using Option 2 up there. I bridged it into a 4 ohm mono load. It sound SOOOO much better and louder. Thanks man, later

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.