Please Help Me!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lewbrah485
10+ year member

hello, a friend and i installed my system (2 12's) today into my 1997 Toyota Camry and we got all the wires where they need to be. I bought a wiring harness and made the connections and when i went to turn on my deck......NOTHING!! I checked the wires again and again and time after time i have no power to my deck. I checked my fuses thinking maybe i blew one and i have found 3 so far that were burned and i replaced them and still nothing!!! It has to be a fuse or fuse wire b/c my dome light is out as well but every other electrical thing still works. My question is could there be more fuses blown or is it a fuse wire that i need to replace??? Please help me b/c i have been workin on my car for a long time w/ no results!! THANX!

1st connect head unit directly to battery to make sure it works. If it does get a multimeter and check factory wiring and your connections. Consider having it professionally installed.

I agree with indosia. First check it with a direct 12v power source if it does not power up than there is a problem with the head unit. If it does power up when directly connected to the battery than there is something wrong in either the fuse box area or stock wiring harness. Your best bet would always be to have a pro look at your car but if you cant afford it you could always bi-pass the 12v power and switched power leads and use either a test light or multi-meter to find a switched power source and run a straight lead to the 12v positive side of the battery. Then run the ground to the same ground point of your amplifier. You should still be able to hook up the the speaker output wires to the stock harness. I hope this helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.