Please help - alternator problems

Participant count
  • Participant list
Is there a point to getting 2/0 welding? Or should I just go with 1/0? I've heard that 2/0 is more like car audio 1/0.
Go with 2/0. It's the same size as CA 1/0 and then you won't have to upgrade again if/when you upgrade power.

For 40 cents more a foot, I would.

Go with 2/0. It's the same size as CA 1/0 and then you won't have to upgrade again if/when you upgrade power.
For 40 cents more a foot, I would.
That's what I'm thinking. I might as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Is there a point to getting 2/0 welding? Or should I just go with 1/0? I've heard that 2/0 is more like car audio 1/0.
Thats just size wise. However if you condense all the copper in the wire, car audio 1/0 ofc, it weighs just as much as welding 1/0. Car audio wire does not follow AWG standards. However, bigger can never hurt, especially with our upgrade tendencies.

Sounds like you have low rpm and it's turning on once you get to a high enough rpm? Did u get a hairpin?
Any cheap fixes to that other than sending the alt back in for a mod? So far, ive just manually turned up my idle rpm and its okay, but wondering if theres another solution.

Any cheap fixes to that other than sending the alt back in for a mod? So far, ive just manually turned up my idle rpm and its okay, but wondering if theres another solution.
I don't see myself upgrading for a bit, I've had this setup almost a year and no intentions of upgrading for a while. I am doing mids and highs first and then cleaning up everything before I do bigger amp and subs.

I don't see myself upgrading for a bit, I've had this setup almost a year and no intentions of upgrading for a while. I am doing mids and highs first and then cleaning up everything before I do bigger amp and subs.
I'd do the mini dsp and get the software for it. You'll be amazed what can be done with proper time alignment and crossover+proper slopes. Your current head unit has zilch processing capabilities. That minidsp can be for theatre or car audio depending on how they ordered it, there's a DC power option.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd do the mini dsp and get the software for it. You'll be amazed what can be done with proper time alignment and crossover+proper slopes. Your current head unit has zilch processing capabilities. That minidsp can be for theatre or car audio depending on how they ordered it, there's a DC power option.
I have the DC power option.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.