Please can you help me

fire919
10+ year member

I don't want to do this wrong. Ok, so i have

2 •12" Dual 4 ohm Champion Series Subwoofer

1 •Kenwood KAC-9105D

I want the most bang obviously, so i guess very simply i want to know is how do i achieve this?

Below is an image of the amplifier, It has 2 + and 2 -.

dpd5eg.jpg

Note: I didn't put a picture of the subwoofer bcuz i am sure your all experts and know extactly how a Dual coil woofer looks.

Hook up amplifier. Wire subs to 1 ohm. Connect subs to amplifier. Set gain and filters. Done. If you can't do that, then you have no business hooking anything up. So go read up on anything I said that you didn't understand.

yes the amp will handle 1 ohm and just to respond to daboyfrumdabx i understand evrything you said but what do i do with the other + and - that will be left over. O yweah thanks for quick response

I tried to add a link for the amplifier specs but i guess things changed since i was here last anyway this is what i think is important

•RMS Power Rating:

◦4 ohms: 500 watts x 1 chan.

◦2 ohms: 900 watts x 1 chan.

◦1 ohm: >900 watts x 1 chan

Umm. Wouldnt run this amp at 1 ohm. It says its 1 ohm stable but it regulates the power to 900, which it puts out at two. You can try it. But you wont gain any power from it and I'd be scared it'd go poof. Mine did just runnin it at 2.

Just curious , what will it mean if i wire each sub @ 2-ohms and connect to the 2 pairs of outputs.
That would yield the same result as wiring the pair to 1 ohm then to the amp. I typically wire the pair to 1 ohm because that get's done inside the box, then I just have to use one terminal cup. If I were using a prefab box with separate chambers that had 2 terminal cups, then I would wire each to 2 ohms, then each to the amp.

OHHHHHHHH....now i get it, so the double positive/negative jus gives more wiring options. RESPECT MY LAWD!....now am about to turn up dah heat.Link up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.