playing dvd while in drive

bigchevyboy
10+ year member

i have a (dont laugh) Jensen 9411 dvd head unit and ii want to play dvd's while i ride. i have the pink wire going to parkk brake wire with a toggle switch but i try to pulse it in drive and still get the blue screen. can someone give me instuctions on how to properly wie this thing to work in drive thanks. BTW selling my RF T2000 cause im going with the 4000 so hit me up with a REASONABLE offer paid $1999.00 for it and its about a year old. it beats fine but im use to it now so i goota go harder. i wdont want to be able to swallow my beer while im riding!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

the jensen needs a ground pulse. which means u have to set the parking break, release it then set it again. If its on the parking break and u have a switch trying to mock that ground pulse. it wont work unless the parking break is set. you have to put the switch straight to ground. then do the pulse, switch on, switch off, switch on.

BTW selling my RF T2000 cause im going with the 4000 so hit me up with a REASONABLE offer paid $1999.00 for it and its about a year old.
You got raped //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

I may be wrong as I do not know ANYTHING about Jenson (lol--Holdin it in). My guess would be that the parking brake wire just has to be grounded. Ground it in the main harness or on a solid peice of metal. I dont think they are like the alpines where you need the toggle switch and pulses. Eclipse, RF and more all use the common ground. As for the T2000 --$2000 was a little much. How much do you need to get for this unit? Comes with (Box,Manual,bass knob ,etc)??Pics?? Refrences? You might have a hard time being a noob with no references? Ebay maybe? Let me know anyways, im interested

ok do this feed the pink wire with 12 volts for 2 secnds then ground for another 2 then 12volts and the ground you should now have your screen but thats not all with the remote controll press stop stop 1264 then a menu should come on then is says something like

Region Code

Brake Override (only switch this one to ON)

Macrovision

Loader Version

Model Version

my friend has that same deck, i overheard u need a switch that has the power wire and the parking break ground, and you turn it on after the vehicle is started and bypasses the security.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.