planning my next build cant decide between 2 threatcon 15 sealed or two SA 12 ported

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jeffdachef
5,000+ posts

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
^thats all the room i can fit in my trunk

I know SA would be a lot louder ported but I would like the subs to hit a good range of frequencies too from 20-80hz, not just 25-45 with a drop off every where else. since my midbasses arent up to par.

Threatcons would be a lot cheaper and easier to build the box for but idk if they would be loud enough.

Does sundown's motor force win the threatcons by that much? Or is it very neglible due to the cone area difference? I've thought about 2 SA 15s in a sealed also but i heard they dont like sealed enclosures as much as they like ported.

all nuthugging aside which would be better for an entry level SQL type of setup?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.