Planet Audio D class!!!!

Dozer
10+ year member

I just got a planet audio p850d mono amp.....it says it is 1 ohm stable....but I have no experience with them....does anyone out there have one and ran it at 1 ohm??? Any feedback on this amp would be appreciated....i have never used PA stuff but several people recomended it so I decided to give it a shot!!! Any PA feedback would help.....thanks!!!

Also.....I have yet to get my new subs and am still using an audiobahn dual bandpass box...svc 4ohm....would it be ok to run that at 2 ohms with the pa amp ??? If I run it parallel it would be a 2 ohm load from the amp and I don't want to blow the speakers as I am going to sell them.......but if i run it at 8 ohms in Series then it is barly any powere??!!! how should I run this box?? It is 600 watts rms...300 each sub....4ohm svc......thank you....I know this is probably a stupid question but im new!!!!

If your sub is 4ohm svc, then it would be 4 ohms at the amp. Unless you have 2 subs, then it would be 2 ohms at the amp.

Keep the gains low and dont bang on them too hard if your going to sell them.

BIll T.

Thanks...yea i have 2 subs 4 ohm svc.....I have them wired in parallel which should be a 2 ohm load at the amp....... amp + to the +of one sub and - at the amp to the - of that same sub.....then wiring the - to the - on the sub on the other side....same with the +........is that right? Anyway it seems to be working well...getting plenty of power and I have the gain about 60 to 65% ..........thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.