Planet Audio BB4000.1 and BB 1200.4 Guts

The Planet Audio site is incorrect, the manual actually rates it at 1500 watts RMS into 4 ohms. http://images.planetaudiousa.com/manuals/BB4000.1_EN_UM.PDF
If you really look at it like I did for just a second it says 2000 at 2ohm and 1500 at 4ohm with 250 amps of total fusing do you really think thats remotly possible? If it was it would be way more expensive than $250. You do know there is no regulation on this stuff?

Bro you think a 1500 watt max rated amp is doing what it says. What you think you have found really dont mean much
Via the manual the BB4000.1 is rated

1500 watts @ 4 ohms RMS

2000 watts @ 2 ohms RMS

4000 watts @ 1 ohm MAX *edited

as I said before, I do not think the amp makes any of those numbers. But, I do think it does somewhere around 1200 - 1300 watts RMS @ 4 ohms and 2000 - 2200 @ 1 ohm RMS. I think this amp is a steal for the price and sounds great, I am not comparing it to other brands, I am simply giving a review and my point of view.

1500 watts @ 4 ohms RMS

2000 watts @ 2 ohms RMS

4000 watts @ 1 ohm RMS

as I said before, I do not think the amp makes any of those numbers. But, I do think it does somewhere around 1200 - 1300 watts RMS @ 4 ohms and 2000 - 2200 @ 1 ohm RMS. I think this amp is a steal for the price and sounds great, I am not comparing it to other brands, I am simply giving a review and my point of view.
Its possible for it to do 2k at 1ohm. Now think about it and look at other amp ratings that do do rated power. You are giving a review about power claims with no clamps or anything. You just said a $200 will do 1200+ at 4ohms. You should not be reviewing anything

I'll help you out. This amp has been proven to do what it says. Do you see its price and they are very cheap and do you see its 4ohm number? Do you really thing that is doing double what this is?http://store.crescendoaudio.com/bc2000d/

1500 watts @ 4 ohms RMS

2000 watts @ 2 ohms RMS

4000 watts @ 1 ohm RMS

4k MAX brah.

Its possible for it to do 2k at 1ohm. Now think about it and look at other amp ratings that do do rated power. You are giving a review about power claims with no clamps or anything. You just said a $200 will do 1200+ at 4ohms. You should not be reviewing anything
Well, I do respect the fact that there is a correlation between money spent and quality of the product. Do I have a meter to read the rated output at 4 ohms? No. However, I will say that the Fi BL 12 I have it hooked up to reached a very substantial level of excursion wired at 4 ohms at a very low gain - keep in mind this is a very power hungry sub. Is there a way of verifying the power at 4 ohms without a meter? No. With that said, even 2k+ @ 1 ohm for the price of these things is a good deal.

There is no reason to be a douche regarding this review, I am simply trying to contribute to a forum that has given me a ton of useful information.

Well, I do respect the fact that there is a correlation between money spent and quality of the product. Do I have a meter to read the rated output at 4 ohms? No. However, I will say that the Fi BL 12 I have it hooked up to reached a very substantial level of excursion wired at 4 ohms at a very low gain - keep in mind this is a very power hungry sub. Is there a way of verifying the power at 4 ohms without a meter? No. With that said, even 2k+ @ 1 ohm for the price of these things is a good deal.
There is no reason to be a douche regarding this review, I am simply trying to contribute to a forum that has given me a ton of useful information.
So you are judging it by your sub moving? The problem is your information is just the opposite of useful. My DD9500s would move on 500 watts....

So you are judging it by your sub moving? The problem is your information is just the opposite of useful. My DD9500s would move on 500 watts....
Well, as a reference I hooked it up to my Hifonics BRX1100 (1100 @ 1 ohm) and noted the excursion, comparatively the BB4000.1 moved as much or slightly more @ 4 ohms. Is this a truly quantitative measurement? No, but it is a way of measuring one amp to another - not to mention the Hifonics Brutus amps are know to do rated power or just under.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dsmyl6

dsmyl6
Sneads Ferry, NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
momax_powers