pioneer vs kenwood double dins....

Havent gotten yet. I'm gonna until the new 2018 models and see if there is differences. I just didn't like them well enough over my old trusty kenwood excelon x998.
if we are talking about audio capabilities here, there are plenty of double dins that easily stack up against your x998 in terms of quality DAC, 13 band EQ with Q factor, time alignment etc.... So that sound quality argument is not valid anymore. There are some kenwood Double Dins that are 32 bit DAC which is far superior to your x998's 24 bit dac.

Every audio feature that you get in your x998 is already found on a cheapo 120 dollar kenwood excelon as well. An 80 dollar JVC unit has everything as you have well as full 3 way network mode yours dont have have both are 24 bit dac as well so the internals are equivalent. Technology has gone a long way man. The x998 was good 4-5 years back but nowadays, its getting outdated in terms of raw audio specs.

Also audio setups and standards have gotten a lot higher nowadays. Active is a must if you want true sound quality and sound stage + loudness and clarity. Otherwise you will have a mediocre soundstage at best using components and their passive crossover and having a half @ssed time alignment due to that. Active means more clean unfiltered power to your drivers, proper blend between mid and tweeter that matches the acoustical environment, the ability to time align each mid and tweeter for the best sound stage. So yeah man there's a whole world out there other than that x998.

if we are talking about audio capabilities here, there are plenty of double dins that easily stack up against your x998 in terms of quality DAC, 13 band EQ with Q factor, time alignment etc.... So that sound quality argument is not valid anymore. There are some kenwood Double Dins that are 32 bit DAC which is far superior to your x998's 24 bit dac.

Every audio feature that you get in your x998 is already found on a cheapo 120 dollar kenwood excelon as well. An 80 dollar JVC unit has everything as you have well as full 3 way network mode yours dont have have both are 24 bit dac as well so the internals are equivalent. Technology has gone a long way man. The x998 was good 4-5 years back but nowadays, its getting outdated in terms of raw audio specs.

Also audio setups and standards have gotten a lot higher nowadays. Active is a must if you want true sound quality and sound stage + loudness and clarity. Otherwise you will have a mediocre soundstage at best using components and their passive crossover and having a half @ssed time alignment due to that. Active means more clean unfiltered power to your drivers, proper blend between mid and tweeter that matches the acoustical environment, the ability to time align each mid and tweeter for the best sound stage. So yeah man there's a whole world out there other than that x998.

No not that it sounds better. I know there are much better units out. I just didn't see one and say oooo I would pay $300 for that. One I looked at and knew it was for me. So the search continues.

Ok guys get this. I work in the car business and we had a vehicle come in with an alpine ina-w900 nav unit and we took it out and put the stock radio in it. The owner gave me this HU. I'm not 100% sure if it works so I'm gonna get it tested. Is it worth fixing if I have to get it fixed? I will be buying the BT addon for it and maybe the inprint addon for it. Not sure on the inprint honestly. I probably don't need it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.