pioneer vs kenwood double dins....

I also forgot to mention the JVCs. I was looking at the JVCs too last year but in the end I ended up going w/ the Pioneer. I do have to admit that the JVC units are looking real nice and even better now that you mentioned that there are no more hissing noises coming from the units.

I also forgot to mention the JVCs. I was looking at the JVCs too last year but in the end I ended up going w/ the Pioneer. I do have to admit that the JVC units are looking real nice and even better now that you mentioned that there are no more hissing noises coming from the units.
Yea man. When Alpine stopped making there top of line stuff I went to JVC. There have been a few bad years but this year's models are great. Saw jvc 330 and it was still butter smooth on the ui and sounded great.
Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Kenwood is probably using JVC to beta test the network mode and other sound option technologies they want to implement next year in their own line up. I got a feeling kenwood will have a much more refined audiophile head unit selection next year.

I dunno... I have had the pioneer 5700bhs, got stolen. And have a 4800bs. I replaced the stolen unit with a jvc KW-V51BT and it's a POS. It has bluetooth issues. Gotta manually connect each time you have a different phone where pioneer does it automatically. The radio tuner screen looks like a $100 boss screen. The settings are pretty slim. The sound just doesn't sound right. I do like the full screen mirroring and the dual zone video. That's about it

I dunno... I have had the pioneer 5700bhs, got stolen. And have a 4800bs. I replaced the stolen unit with a jvc KW-V51BT and it's a POS. It has bluetooth issues. Gotta manually connect each time you have a different phone where pioneer does it automatically. The radio tuner screen looks like a $100 boss screen. The settings are pretty slim. The sound just doesn't sound right. I do like the full screen mirroring and the dual zone video. That's about it
I had the model year before that or after, can't remember.. Adv-65bt and it was awesome. That model you had had a lot of ui changes that didn't last at all!
Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

that a garbage model of jvc... only 3 band eq, you cant expect anything out of that.

basics of choosing a head unit, 13 band or higher eq, 24 bit dac, time alignment and 3 pairs of preouts. If the head unit doesnt have any of these features, then never ever waste money on it. 90% chance its garbage.

The newer jvcs actually have all that and network mode and has no issues with bluetooth. you cant really use old models to label a brand bad when their new models are light years ahead in technology and quality.

fyi, i have an 80 prs so no i'm not a jvc fanboy.

In 2015 I had first bought a Sony 710 DD. I was sure Sony had gotten FAR better in quality. I swapped out my Bose Nav unit with the Sony. Before I could get my amps and components in, the Sony killed it. Upon reading my iPod Classic 160gb, which took OVER 2 HOURS...it was slow to act on the commands. When it locked up, ALL settings went 100%. Bass, Mid, Treble, Volume...and the only way to get it back was to turn off the vehicle or pull fuse.

So, I brought it back. Got a brand new Pioneer NEX 4k model. Holy noise hell. I have NEVER heard so much whistle, whine, and pop. Each screen press, CD fast forward, Track advance, EVERYTHING had a different noise. But. I dealt with it until I put in my amps and speakers. Thinking the Sony's issue messed up the Bose system. However, installing the amps/speakers made it MUCH worse. So...brought it back, got refund.

On the way home with a huge opening in the middle of my dash I stopped by BB. Picked up a JVC KW-V41BT. Still in my truck today. It's a 2014 Head unit, as the year is on the startup. I have absolutely ZERO noise on this unit. I have NOT had 1 single issue with it. It has 3 way cross over settings that are MORE than adequate for what I need and do. The screen is highly visible at the stock/flat angle, and its pretty well lit. When I purchased it was discounted a bit, so it was hard to pass. Glad I bought it. Even today.

Sony total cost from CarToys was just under $600.

Pioneer total cost from CarToys was same, as they swapped it straight, even though Pioneer was $25 more.

JVC total cost from BestBuy was under $300.

Half the price. No control issues. No noise issues. And it does sound VERY good.

I am changing it out by the end of the year. My nephew wants it very badly for the system in his Colorado, so I will give it to him and get a new model Kenwood Excelon, most models I want are upwards of $500 now.

(hate to see a CD slot in the face if I dont use CDs all the time, but dont want mechless incase I toss an old disc in)

I was in a debate of pioneer vs kenwood double dins last year.Chose the kenwood just to change things up since I've always ran pioneer.

I still regret it.
ill never go back to pioneer. they **** on the topend.. 

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

In 2015 I had first bought a Sony 710 DD. I was sure Sony had gotten FAR better in quality. I swapped out my Bose Nav unit with the Sony. Before I could get my amps and components in, the Sony killed it. Upon reading my iPod Classic 160gb, which took OVER 2 HOURS...it was slow to act on the commands. When it locked up, ALL settings went 100%. Bass, Mid, Treble, Volume...and the only way to get it back was to turn off the vehicle or pull fuse.
So, I brought it back. Got a brand new Pioneer NEX 4k model. Holy noise hell. I have NEVER heard so much whistle, whine, and pop. Each screen press, CD fast forward, Track advance, EVERYTHING had a different noise. But. I dealt with it until I put in my amps and speakers. Thinking the Sony's issue messed up the Bose system. However, installing the amps/speakers made it MUCH worse. So...brought it back, got refund.

On the way home with a huge opening in the middle of my dash I stopped by BB. Picked up a JVC KW-V41BT. Still in my truck today. It's a 2014 Head unit, as the year is on the startup. I have absolutely ZERO noise on this unit. I have NOT had 1 single issue with it. It has 3 way cross over settings that are MORE than adequate for what I need and do. The screen is highly visible at the stock/flat angle, and its pretty well lit. When I purchased it was discounted a bit, so it was hard to pass. Glad I bought it. Even today.

Pioneer total cost from CarToys was same, as they swapped it straight, even though Pioneer was $25 more.

Half the price. No control issues. No noise issues. And it does sound VERY good.

I am changing it out by the end of the year. My nephew wants it very badly for the system in his Colorado, so I will give it to him and get a new model Kenwood Excelon, most models I want are upwards of $500 now.

(hate to see a CD slot in the face if I dont use CDs all the time, but dont want mechless incase I toss an old disc in)
mine was noisy too.

for 400 the 730 is ******* about 60 or so the 830 adds a cd player and remote. if you want to step it up a tab the new 9904s has "highend" parts for around 600.. all in all hte jvc has the same dac used in the high end kenwood.

Kenwood is probably using JVC to beta test the network mode and other sound option technologies they want to implement next year in their own line up. I got a feeling kenwood will have a much more refined audiophile head unit selection next year.
the new 9904 ia ******. only thing it lacks is stereo EQs

I have a PIoneer NEX4100 (did not want to pay for navigation when Waze is the best app imo). I am happy with it, I do have a slight engine noise and have tried everything from ground rca wires @the HU and sand area on chassis, still have engine whine. Sound goes away once I turn music up so it really doesn't bother me since its already low. I went with the 4100 at the time because the Kenwood I was interested in was a 2v. You could not bypass the kenwood (at the time), under 450.00 and the 2v deck was the deal breaker for me.

Havent gotten yet. I'm gonna until the new 2018 models and see if there is differences. I just didn't like them well enough over my old trusty kenwood excelon x998.

Havent gotten yet. I'm gonna until the new 2018 models and see if there is differences. I just didn't like them well enough over my old trusty kenwood excelon x998.
for a 20 year vet kenwood excelon or jvc kw-630.

in about 2 weeks ill be selling my jvc for the kenwood x9904s

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.