pioneer ts-d720 1st listen review.

opfreak
10+ year member

Car: 2dr sunfire 2001

Speaker histor: oem 4x-6 to pioneering 4x6 to candance cwm 6.5 component to the pioneer ts-d720 now.

head unti pioneer p8mp

new(old amp) sony xm4045 4ch bridge for the fronts.

1st). I HATED the candance comps. they weren't amped, but I HATED them. mids were not there unless i really cranked the hu volume (I know this is probably due to the no amp). Plus I though they sounded harsh, even when set to -3db.

2nd) I know understand the lack of a need for rear fill. Its still there, but the sound is so full in front/around me, that it might as well not be

3rd) compared to to candance comps. I find the speakers amazing natural. I think my ears just like pioneer speakers. And I need to tun the system. But with everything set to flat. The sound is just that, so far no peaky highs (I do have the tweets on -3db, but i'll have to play with that). mid bass seems accurate. Though I might EQ it up more to get more punch.

and being 1/2 inch shorter then the comps, my windows roll down all the way now.

thats all for now

Car: 2dr sunfire 2001Speaker histor: oem 4x-6 to pioneering 4x6 to candance cwm 6.5 component to the pioneer ts-d720 now.

head unti pioneer p8mp

new(old amp) sony xm4045 4ch bridge for the fronts.

1st). I HATED the candance comps. they weren't amped, but I HATED them. mids were not there unless i really cranked the hu volume (I know this is probably due to the no amp). Plus I though they sounded harsh, even when set to -3db.

2nd) I know understand the lack of a need for rear fill. Its still there, but the sound is so full in front/around me, that it might as well not be

3rd) compared to to candance comps. I find the speakers amazing natural. I think my ears just like pioneer speakers. And I need to tun the system. But with everything set to flat. The sound is just that, so far no peaky highs (I do have the tweets on -3db, but i'll have to play with that). mid bass seems accurate. Though I might EQ it up more to get more punch.

and being 1/2 inch shorter then the comps, my windows roll down all the way now.

thats all for now
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif Glad you like them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Just installed the coax version as rear fill yesterday (TS-D702P). I'm equally pleased. Natural sounding sum's it up. Good midbass, smooth highs. I'm running mine on 50W RMS with no filters.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.