Pioneer TS-D1720C

Participant count
  • Participant list

tat2bass
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Cali
Has anyone heard these? If so, what were your thoughts and opinions? I like decent midbass and love bright tweeters. I love listening to metal of dubstep with screaming highs. All of the reviews that I have read on them say that they can't be beat for the price. I got a great deal from a friend so I bought 2 BNIB sets from him. I want to try my hand at fiberglassing so I plan on installing one set in my front door and the other set in kickpods. They will be powered off of a Kicker ZX350.4 so 60 watts RMS. I am going for SQL. I will be running these passive in a budget SQL build so I'm not expecting the best, but I got both sets for $175. Couldn't pass them up.

They are GREAT. I had 2 sets for a pretty decent amount of time and know them very well. Good and bad.

Yes, they have strong midbass and will take pretty much any power u can find to throw at them. The tweeters blend very well. You may have a peak around 2.5khz at first. What I did was swap the tweeter phase and it went away....and there's always your EQ to work with as well. Another con, if I really have to find one would be that the tweeters like to be on axis to get good high end detail, but I've noticed that with a few other silk tweets as well. Not saying they dont sound good off axis, but if you want to be REALLY picky, they're not the best top end tweets. But for what you pay, can't complain.

They have a pretty "in your face" type sound that doesnt need much power to get loud, yet they'll take gobs of it. I ran mine active for a second and put about 150 to each midbass alone. A buddy of mine ran his active with 175+ to each midbass and about 75-100 to each tweet with zero issues.

I think you'll like them man. I have some vids of mine up on youtube along with a few others up there. And if all else fails, they'll sell online. I had buyers lined up locally before I even put em online and once I dropped a set online, I had lots of PMs and offers.

They are GREAT. I had 2 sets for a pretty decent amount of time and know them very well. Good and bad.
Yes, they have strong midbass and will take pretty much any power u can find to throw at them. The tweeters blend very well. You may have a peak around 2.5khz at first. What I did was swap the tweeter phase and it went away....and there's always your EQ to work with as well. Another con, if I really have to find one would be that the tweeters like to be on axis to get good high end detail, but I've noticed that with a few other silk tweets as well. Not saying they dont sound good off axis, but if you want to be REALLY picky, they're not the best top end tweets. But for what you pay, can't complain.

They have a pretty "in your face" type sound that doesnt need much power to get loud, yet they'll take gobs of it. I ran mine active for a second and put about 150 to each midbass alone. A buddy of mine ran his active with 175+ to each midbass and about 75-100 to each tweet with zero issues.

I think you'll like them man. I have some vids of mine up on youtube along with a few others up there. And if all else fails, they'll sell online. I had buyers lined up locally before I even put em online and once I dropped a set online, I had lots of PMs and offers.
Cool, that is what I was hoping to hear. This will be my first set of comps with the silk domes. All my other ones have been aluminum. What is your youtube channel?

Are you still looking for a set of the Pioneer 720PRS's? I saw in the WTB section you were looking for some a while back. There are 2 sets on ebay right now.

Cool, that is what I was hoping to hear. This will be my first set of comps with the silk domes. All my other ones have been aluminum. What is your youtube channel?
Are you still looking for a set of the Pioneer 720PRS's? I saw in the WTB section you were looking for some a while back. There are 2 sets on ebay right now.
My channel is: "seemeeatme" (dont ask how that name came about lol)

Here's the thread with the vids in it: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/video-database/530526-some-vids-my-sq-system.html the mid was being used as a midbass in a 3 way front and the tweeters work up top with a Tang band 4" midrange handling the midrange. IIRC, one of those vids is with the subs off or way low to show the midbass.

This vid used the Pioneer mid active with JL tweets.

[video=youtube;MsWWW6j-E4k]

and, actually, that was another guy looking for those. I would love to pick them up though. If I hadn't just bought 3 sets of ID CTXs to try out, I probably would have.

I go home on mid tour in 3 weeks, I can't wait to check them out and see the build quality. But I'll have to wait till I get back for good in 7 months to install them and see for myself. I can't wait. I'm going through car audio withdrawals. I miss driving to work with some Asking Alexandria or Unearth blasting. It's looking like for my budget thought that these will fit the bill perfectly

My channel is: "seemeeatme" (dont ask how that name came about lol)Here's the thread with the vids in it: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/video-database/530526-some-vids-my-sq-system.html the mid was being used as a midbass in a 3 way front and the tweeters work up top with a Tang band 4" midrange handling the midrange. IIRC, one of those vids is with the subs off or way low to show the midbass.

This vid used the Pioneer mid active with JL tweets.

[video=youtube;MsWWW6j-E4k]

Thanks for the help man. I checked out your other youtube vids and saw a bunch of others for these speakers. I feel really good about purchasing them. I was pretty confident before, but i cant wait to get them hooked up now.

Thanks for the help man. I checked out your other youtube vids and saw a bunch of others for these speakers. I feel really good about purchasing them. I was pretty confident before, but i cant wait to get them hooked up now.
I think you'll like them man. I know I certainly did.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.