Pioneer TS-C720PRS

Ok so I still don't have them yet, but I have a question. SHould I run them regularly or bridge them off my 4 channel? My equipment consists of Pioneer 880, the JL A4300 4 channel, Boston Acoustics Sx65 Coax in the rear deck, and a JL 12W3v3 with the JL 250/1v2 pushing the sub in a sealed enclosure. The amp pushes 70x4 and bridged is 225x2. Should I Bridge the amp to run just the 720's? Or should I rum all 4 channels with the Bostons coax's for rear fill? What would be the best? Thanks.

PS: I currently have Boston SL60 Components up front. Left one is blown which is my reason for purchasing the 720's.

I would bridge the amp then set the gains to to around 100w or so and see how you like that. Maybe run even 150 or 175 to each. I think you will be happy and realize rear fill is unnecessary, but if you still want rear fill DO NOT amp it, just run it off of h/u power and fade like 75% front!

I would bridge the amp then set the gains to to around 100w or so and see how you like that. Maybe run even 150 or 175 to each. I think you will be happy and realize rear fill is unnecessary, but if you still want rear fill DO NOT amp it, just run it off of h/u power and fade like 75% front!
Rear fill means nothing to me personally. I dont sit in the back so I dont care about the sound back there, but ive just been wanting to make sure its ok to run that much power at the 720's. Most people say yes they should have no problem. Ive heard some people pushing 250-300 at them, so I dont know.

I would personally start at 100 and then slowly push more power to them, like maybe increments of 25. Run them at like 150 for a few weeks to let them break in and then go up to 200 or more. Just listen to signs of driver stress and clipping(since we all know that kills speakers haha j/k) but yeah just make sure you send them clean power and listen to make sure they can handle it and aren't getting too warm!

Ok so I still don't have them yet, but I have a question. SHould I run them regularly or bridge them off my 4 channel? My equipment consists of Pioneer 880, the JL A4300 4 channel, Boston Acoustics Sx65 Coax in the rear deck, and a JL 12W3v3 with the JL 250/1v2 pushing the sub in a sealed enclosure. The amp pushes 70x4 and bridged is 225x2. Should I Bridge the amp to run just the 720's? Or should I rum all 4 channels with the Bostons coax's for rear fill? What would be the best? Thanks.
PS: I currently have Boston SL60 Components up front. Left one is blown which is my reason for purchasing the 720's.

No, sir run them active. Put those Coax on the head unit power and use your 880 and your A4300 to run the 720 active. The passive crossover in this set is a big weak link. Cross the tweeters at 3.5khz and this set will amaze you. This tweeter is so detailed and accurate at this crossover piont you will be amazed. The passive cross the over around 2-2.5khz and they do not like it.

Remember these drivers not like a ton of power, I will be the first to say the more power the better, but in this case this set excels active. The crossover just is not up to par of the drivers used in this set. They had to keep the price do somewhere:D.

Yeah, but if you run active I would reccommend that you at least get another amp b/c 70 wrms simply isnt enough imo when running active. I would push at least 150 to the mids and 75-100 to the tweets.

Okay, well if you say so haha! No I think it would sound good.. but you could always use more power imo!
Running active is way more efficient than running passive, so it should go without saying that less power is typically needed.

Besides, the quality of the install will reign supreme over higher amounts of power anyway.

You must understand the true amount of power a driver use really. Tweeters, at frequency that high you may be using 15-20 watts. For the mid/midbass you 50 watts active usually is a lot of power. I don't think he's trying to compete in IASCA or MECA with the system. You have more then enough power to go active.

You must understand the true amount of power a driver use really. Tweeters, at frequency that high you may be using 15-20 watts. For the mid/midbass your 50 watts active usually is a lot of power. I don't think he's trying to compete in IASCA or MECA with the system. You have more then enough power to go active.
Exactly. Especially since these speakers are fairly efficient to begin with. The losses which occur within the passive crossover network are removed by going active.

Ok so the company I got them from on ebay finally sent me an email after i had to send them one saying that they are out of stock and are refunding my money. Seems like everybody else is out of stock too except for the local shops around here who want the $550 retail for them. Im not paying that much. So can you guys tell me some good 61/2 or 6 3/4 inch components that i can get for around the 250 i was paying for the PRS's that will somewhat rival these? What do you guys think about the alpine type x Refs? how are they? Or the Morel Tempo's? Or the Diamond S600S, or the Boston Pro60's? Or I'll take any suggestions on any other components in that price range. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.