pioneer "eq curve" question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jbarbier
10+ year member

Hey anyone know how to use it or what it does? like on pioneer decks when you press down the "audio" button and it shows the frequency and its like 1w or 2 w or some ****? im stumped //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

lemme know if i was concise with that question or not....i dunno how to explain it, lol

What Pioneer deck do you have?

You pick the freq you want to boost or cut. The 1w 2w 1n 2n refers to the "Q" factor of the boost/cut. Q factor determines how wide or narrow the boost/cut will be.

Lets say you pick 40Hz as your freq.

If you want to only boost frequencies right around 40Hz you would pick a narrow Q setting(1N, 2N).

If you wanted to boost frequencies further away from 40Hz you would pick a wide Q setting(1W, 2W).

If you press and hold down the AUDIO button. You should now be at the freq and Q selection display. Use the arrows on you deck to move around and make selections. Press the AUDIO button again to move to the next freq/Q selection. Depending on what model deck you have there are different numbers of bands that you can adjust.

Hope I helped.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.