Pioneer premier ts-w3002d4 help plzzzz

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 96 golf GL hatchback and was looking for one subwoofer that could do the job and settled on a pioneer ts-w3002d4. I ordered the speaker and then started to try to piece together the rest of the system and realized i dont know what i am doing at all....Just need some advice from some people in the know.

First Off should i get a sealed or ported box for this sub?

I was thinking about a hifonics 1500.1 d class monoblock amp...

what wiring kit will i need to run this amp at 4 ohms?

and also would i need to upgrade my vehicles electical system for this??

do i need a capacitor?

Any advice is appreciated .... Thanks

no you will not need to upgrade ur elec. maybe do the big 3 just to do it, i would why are you running the amp @4 ohms? Do NOT get a capacitor

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

is your sub a dual 4 ohm or dual 2? you need to look up ohms law

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

also you should contact @double 07 ; for a custom enclosure

thanks...after talking with some audio heads i decided to sell this speaker to a buddy at a 20 dollar loss and start with something smaller.

I found 2 pioneer ts-w309s4 12s for 30 bucks apiece new in the box. grabbed a hifonics hfi1000.1d amplifier kit that comes with a 4 gauge wiring kit and 2 farad capacitor (Why to not use cap?) for 169.99 new also grabbed a pioneer ts-1605c component set with crossovers for 70 bucks. Then went to best buy and found a dual 12 sealed box for 6.99 (open item.....lol) and grabbed a pioneer deh-150 mp for a head unit for 60 bucks.

Just waiting for everything to come in the mail.....hopefully it sounds good when i get it all hooked up.

anything else you guys can think of that im gonna need?

thanks...after talking with some audio heads i decided to sell this speaker to a buddy at a 20 dollar loss and start with something smaller.
I found 2 pioneer ts-w309s4 12s for 30 bucks apiece new in the box. grabbed a hifonics hfi1000.1d amplifier kit that comes with a 4 gauge wiring kit and 2 farad capacitor (Why to not use cap?) for 169.99 new also grabbed a pioneer ts-1605c component set with crossovers for 70 bucks. Then went to best buy and found a dual 12 sealed box for 6.99 (open item.....lol) and grabbed a pioneer deh-150 mp for a head unit for 60 bucks.

Just waiting for everything to come in the mail.....hopefully it sounds good when i get it all hooked up.

anything else you guys can think of that im gonna need?
Sounds like you'll be fine... Until you wanna upgrade.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.