Pioneer Premier TS-W3001D4 + Orion 1200D

Ace_Protege
10+ year member

Well, I got my car at the beginning of the year and decided stock audio was not going to work (car is a 1994 Mazda Protege). Well I bought a cheap used HU from a guy on another forum. It's a Kenwood eXcelon x591 and I got it for $100. I got a cheap install kit that didnt fit. UGH.

l_f6b49f8be6c64ed5a2352d779c4e0181.jpg

Well I left my audio be for a while and then I was at the pawn shop looking for some tools and a guy outside had 2 lightning audio subs for $40. I didn't know anything back then so I bought them. I got a prefab box and a cheap-o 8ga kit. I used an amp that I found in my garage.

DSCI0002-2.jpg

Well i was happy with how loud this was except my stock speakers were absolute garbage. so if i had it loud at all they distorted really bad.

then I decided to go to walmart and get some dual. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif Just wait it gets even better, Then I ordered some Boss from sonicelectronix. woot. lol this was that setup

this was the setup for a while and heres the clean install

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

Then I bought a Pioneer Premier TS-w30001D4 for $130.

0716092139.jpg

heres the box i plan on building for it.

box-15cu-37hz.jpg

So I've got the sub, and I just ordered new Knu wires. Other than that Idk what im going to do with everything. I'm looking to upgrade everything. any ideas would be nice too.

Well probably around $3-400(lower the better) for front and rear stage and a 4 channel.

i think im going to get this amp

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11204_Hifonics+TXi+6408.html

really dont know about comp's and coaxials, thats where i need some guidance.

and i think im going to get this headunit

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11105_Pioneer+Premier+DEH-P500UB.html

it has everything i need, isnt fancy, and has a good ipod interface from what ive heard. if anyone has an opinion on a HU with a good ipod interface im all for it and that would be a huge point for me as thats all i use.

All single DIN headunits **** with iPods with a large library.

Id recommend the Eclipse CD3100 w/ IPC-106

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Well I'm having another grouding issue with the front left door speaker. everytime i do anything with my window after it rains it pops and goes into protect. Theres no way the wire itself could be shorting, i just ran a new one from the HU. I think its the speaker itself. Any way i can test this?

Yeah, so do i so far. Ive only got about 10 minutes of play time on it though. I still have my crappy 8 ga kit in and it was getting pretty hot so i turned it off and took it out until i get my 4 ga kit. Hopefully wednesday I'll get my box build and my wires run.

Did you order the 4 gauge kit already? Might wanna go to 2 gauge, a 1200d puts out 1000+ does it not? plus your 4 chanel, give yourself some room, doesnt cost much extra. Splurge on a 0 gauge kit since you obviously have the urge to keep upgrading

Did you order the 4 gauge kit already? Might wanna go to 2 gauge, a 1200d puts out 1000+ does it not? plus your 4 chanel, give yourself some room, doesnt cost much extra. Splurge on a 0 gauge kit since you obviously have the urge to keep upgrading
yeah i ordered the kit already. But, seeing as i have the d4 not the d2 my resistance can be 2 or 4 ohms, and at 2 ohms my amp puts out 750 watts rms. so the sub wont be getting the full 1200, however if it was the d2 it would be a 1 ohm. Idk, Ill have too see what happens. After school starts again progress is going to slow down. so idk how long its going to take to get a 4 channel and comps and coaxials.

That box that you plan on building for the Pionner sub is too small. Try 2.25@30-32hz. And thats from experience. You could tune all the way up to 35hz if you'd like but 28-32hz would crush the lows.

got the new wires in today. maybe ill get the box built saturday or something.

actually, its in a 2.0 cu box right now and it sounds like ****. Pioneer recommends 1.3 CU for a ported enclosure 1.5 is accounting for sub displacement

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.