Pioneer Premier 3001 vs Kicker CVX

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jaice
10+ year member

???
I looking into buying a new system for my 05 Impala, I'm currently debating between these 2 12inch woofers. I've owned the Premier 3004's, Kicker CVR's and Kicker L5's so its a hard decision.

The setup will be 2 12's woofers, ported, given the rated RMS of the woofer. My question is which out of the 2 do you guys think would be louder? I've read that the 3001's rec's a 0.5-1.0cu box, but we all know thats not going to work. Space isn't really an issue because I'm only running 2 woofers.

For the Kickers, I plan on mating them with either 2 zx750's or 1 zx1500

For the Premier's, I plan on using the Premier PRS-D2000SPL

Given the RMS power, which would be louder, and which is have the better SQ

Thanks

I have heard both the 3004's in a buddy's car and I have heard two setups with the CVX's and just from listening to the 2 CVX installs, I would go that route, not that the Premier sub is bad, just the CVX install sounded better. There were all 1 sub setups as well. The Pioneer was getting over 1500 IIRC from a Hifonics amp and both the CVX installs I heard, 1 had the kicker 750.1 and the other had a 1000.1 on them. Both of those sounded phenomanal. Will be my next setup, the CVX's, although I don't think the Premier would be a bad alternative being I think they are a little cheaper.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.