Pioneer P8400BH / Shelby Kicker Upgrade to Shelby GT500

Participant count
  • Participant list

TexasShelby

Texas
Finally got all my stereo installed. And so far couldn't be more satisfied.

The 8400BH double din fit like a champ in the Shelby. The options boggle the mind. The best would have to be, the 2 iPod inputs. One for an iPod, one for advanced 4s app usage. Next would be the crisp and clear BC20PA advanced rear view camera, and last the ease of Bluetooth pairing and hands free use.

The only drawback is direct sunlight does hinder visibility, but even with the top down, it's still pretty good with the brightness of the screen.

The sound is full and tight. The bass with the new subwoofers, even using the OEM subwoofer amps is big, but not overpowering. The kicker amp and CDT 6.5" components have great mids and highs and there is no limit to the volume you can put into a well recorded sample. Top down sound is much better than the OEM, top up and windows up is amazing.

The install was done my Master Installer - Mike Shepard at Vision Audio in Midland Tx. I mention that because of the craftsmanship done in installing this massive custom upgrade.

Pioneer AVH-P8400BH DVD Receiver (Woofersetc.com)

Pioneer ND-BC20PA Rear View Camera with Parking Assist (Amazon.com)

Shelby Kicker Amplifier KA-4.1AMP (Stangaholics.com)

Shelby Kicker 8" Woofer KA-8 Woofers (Stangaholics.com)

4-CDT CL-650FG 6.5" Two Way Component Speakers with crossover (woofersetc.com)

SAM_1926.jpg

SAM_1920.jpg

SAM_1928.jpg

SAM_1933.jpg

SAM_1939.jpg

SAM_1940.jpg

SAM_1948.jpg

SAM_1951.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.