Pioneer head unit transfer questions.

Participant count
  • Participant list

JimJ
5,000+ posts

Tangled Up in Blue
I'm removing a friend's Pioneer head unit (a DEH-6400) and putting it in her new car. The old vehicle is a '94 Plymouth Sundance Duster and the new one is a fairly recent Chevy Cavalier, but since both vehicles have aftermarket head units, it will be a fairly simple swap. However, I do have a question.

I've never removed a Pioneer head unit before, and before I go blindly poking around with a screwdriver, how do you unlock the head unit from the mounting ring? I'm very familar with Alpine's pin locking mechanism, but I'm not sure how Pioneer's works...

That is all. Thank you in advance.

Pioneer removal keys are about 4" long, about 1/4" wide strips of flat steel. They're pushed in on either side of the head unit between the deck and the mounting ring. There's a part of the mounting ring that snaps into the side of the head unit, about 3" back along the sides; the keys just separate the two so you can pull the deck out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.