Pioneer gm-4604 no sound from rear speakers???

Participant count
  • Participant list

c_elliott

So I hooked up my 4 channel amp today and the fronts scream. Now my issue is with the rears. I have my rear/sw out going to my pioneer 8601 mono amp then out to the 4604. The other set go from front out to the 4604. My sub works but im lossing something somewhere in there to wear nothing comes from the rear doors. Also if I move the gain at all on that channel it cuts all of my sound out, so right not the gain is down. Anybody know of a solution?

My set up:

Pioneer 6600bt

4x pioneer 1644 6.5 highs

pioneer 8601 mono

pioneer 4604 4 ch

1 12in kicker L5

In a 2002 dodge durango with infinity gold sound. (by passed of course)

Im going to start back tracking tomorrow. I did mess with a bit yesterday though. It seems as if I might have a rca wire issue but im not sure. I can swap around rcas to the other channel on the amp and the sound moves. Right now I have the sound going out the front. The rears are extremely low and muffled sounding. If I turn up the gain on that channel, then once I turn the volume up it totally loses sound and then plays for a split sec and back and forward. Not sure if what im saying makes sense to you guys or not.

so you have an rca going from the mono to the 4 channel? and a rca going from the deck to the four channel. pics of how it's set up would help if ya can

I figured it out! Stupid me totally forgot about the audio adjustment settings that pioneers have when the radio is off. I had to change the sp/o to rear/rear instead of sw. It all works now, just gotta take some time to tune it up, and figure out why my right rear speaker isnt working ( I believe that issue is with the vehicle wiring though.)

As for now after messing with some settings a bit I can get it up to about 55 on the vol knob before it starts clipping. I'm probably going to take it over to my buddys shop later today and get him to tune it all up for me.

As for the requested picture of how my wires are ran, I dont have one but here is worded diagram for you.

RCA

-CD player front rca out is going to Channel A on the 4 ch.

-CD player r/sw rca out is going to the input on my 8601, then I have a 2-3ft rca going from the out of the 8601 to Channel B on the 4ch.

Speaker wires for the highs

-from the outs on the 4 ch up to the HU and piggybacked to the harness. (No the cd player speaker leads are not hooked up. lol)

Remote Wire

-CD player to 8601 then jumped to the 4604

Power

-Battery to the inline fuse, then to a distribution block, then 4g to my cap and 4g out to the 8601. I have 8g from the block to the 4604

Ground

-Ran from my ground point to a d-block, then 4g to cap and 4g to 8601. 8g from block to 4604.

Hope that tells you what you wanted to know. Like I said im going to take it over to my buddys shop later and have him start over on the HU settings and the amp settings.

remove the rca from 8601 to 4604. select 2ch input on the 4604 and you can run all 4 ch off the 2 ch of input. With the rear output selected for sub you will have only low hz notes going to the rear ch of the 4604 not full range.

I got everything in order today. But as for the rear ch output it is set on rear and not sub. The rear speaker issue was solved when I changed it from sub to rear. I also figured out what was causing my clipping issue. That was whoever had the car before us had did some goofball wiring and the audio system. both wires on the rr door were touching each other. Now its all sorted out and works great.

Now does anyone have a need for a rockford p300-1 amp? I have one that isnt needed

Will it screw something up running the way I am? I ran it this way, its what crutchfield suggested, since I only have 2 outs on the hu. I know everything sounds great but If its going to mess something up I'd gladly go back and mess with it some more. If I run 1 set to the 4ch do I bridge those 4 speakers?

just do it like I said above. Run one set of rca's to the sub amp, select sub out on the deck for that signal. Then run one set of rca's to the 4ch amp and instead of having to jump signal they put this nifty little input selector switch that enables you to run all 4 speakers off 2ch's of input. then just use the amp gains to dial in the sound level of all 4 speakers. You lose fader control but who uses that anyway.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.