Pioneer firmware update issue.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Codeye

CarAudio.com Newbie
Kent
Hi all, I'm new fairly new to the audio game. I have a pioneer sph-evo62dab in my MK2 VW Jetta and I'm having trouble trying to update it using the current firmware. I follow the steps but the option to update is never highlighted, like it can't find the software. Any help would be top notch. The current software is 8.04.

I have the same problem. The unit obviously sees the USB stick since it creates a DATA directory with a file in it called MSCBRWS.MCB, 4,320,050 bytes, containing the word #ADUMMYMBDB and the rest blank.

I have downloaded ver. 8.10 and am going to try to go from 8.04 to 8.10, and then to 8.12.

That file can be found by using the file name SPH-EVOx2DAB_FW_Ver_810.ZIP in the download URL.

I have the same problem. The unit obviously sees the USB stick since it creates a DATA directory with a file in it called MSCBRWS.MCB, 4,320,050 bytes, containing the word #ADUMMYMBDB and the rest blank.

I have downloaded ver. 8.10 and am going to try to go from 8.04 to 8.10, and then to 8.12.

That file can be found by using the file name SPH-EVOx2DAB_FW_Ver_810.ZIP in the download URL.

Where is the download url?

Where is the download url?

I wasn't sure about policies regarding posting of links, but here is it:

I've found 3 versions:
SPH-EVOx2DAB_FW_Ver_804.ZIP
SPH-EVOx2DAB_FW_Ver_810.ZIP
SPH-EVOx2DAB_FW_Ver_812_1812.ZIP

There may be others, but I didn't try all possible variants.

Update on my own problem:
I can't update any versions. I thought the FW maybe didn't like large USB sticks, so I repartitioned my 8GB stick to 500MB. Still no luck. Different USB stick: Nope.

The odd thing is that not only is the "update" menu entry greyed out, but also the "licence" entry. Why is that? Why can't I read the licence?

OK, I found the solution, and it's stupid.

You can't update unless the parking brake is engaged.

I switched on the head unit, and then just put 12v on the "parking brake" wire. Then I updated without any problems from 8.04 to 8.12.

I wondered why I had to connect it to the parking brake. Now I know, and it's because someone has been over-thinking safety.

OK, I found the solution, and it's stupid.

You can't update unless the parking brake is engaged.

I switched on the head unit, and then just put 12v on the "parking brake" wire. Then I updated without any problems from 8.04 to 8.12.

I wondered why I had to connect it to the parking brake. Now I know, and it's because someone has been over-thinking safety.

Brilliant stuff! Thank you for getting to the bottom of it.

Brilliant stuff! Thank you for getting to the bottom of it.
I managed to get mine updated this morning. The green handbrake wire needs to be grounded even though the instructions said to wire it into the power side of the handbrake.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.