Pioneer FH-P8000BT advice

xtcat8k

va
Has anyone had any experience with this HU? I recently decided to upgrade my stereo in my 07 civic si. The pioneer website states the HU puts out 22watts rms while many other websites list it as 14w rms. What's the deal? The HU will be powering a set of PG RSD 6.5 cs. Will the HU be sufficient to power these? Will my SQ be improved with this combo?

Has anyone had any experience with this HU? I recently decided to upgrade my stereo in my 07 civic si. The pioneer website states the HU puts out 22watts rms while many other websites list it as 14w rms. What's the deal? The HU will be powering a set of PG RSD 6.5 cs. Will the HU be sufficient to power these? Will my SQ be improved with this combo?
22 and 14 is no difference,the hu will only sound better on the rsd's only if you scrape up some dough for a amp,even a small one,cause 14 or 22 watts are only gonna have you trying to get volume(loud) the hu can't supply

i just bought this headunit lastnight for my 2008 Frontier... comes with everything you need, bluetooth xm satalite everything...

I also just purchased this head unit. While I haven't installed it yet, I can definitely offer my two cents regarding its power output. Regardless of what any aftermarket head unit claims it outputs, you really should invest in an amplifier for aftermarket speakers. Speakers have power ratings for a reason, and you're never going to truly experience any speaker until it is powered properly.

An amplifier is worth every penny, even for those not looking for a crazy system.

Good luck! I hope the head unit works out well for you (and I am hopeful for mine as well).

Let me know how the HU works out for you guys. One of the main reasons that i'm looking in to it is because of the bluetooth. I will eventually add an amp. Thanks for all the responses.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.