Pioneer Elite?

Participant count
  • Participant list

yacob.naif
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I'm a little confused about the pioneer elite designation on their headunits.

I'm converting (long time kenwood excellon user) and compared to the kenwood excellon designation, the pioneer premier designation doesn't seem to mean anything in terms of specs.

There seem to be identical models of every premier deck, that are simply not premier, and cost a bit less. The only difference i can see is that they come with a 1 year warranty instead of a 2-year warranty.

I'm looking, mainly, at the AVH-P4100DVD, as i use my phone for navigation, and they don't have any 2009 model navigation decks that are double-din.

The AVH-P4100DVD is not a premier, tho, but has almost identical audio/technical specs of the premier FH-P800BT, with the addition of a dvd drive, and a lcd screen.

Being the snob i am, i'm usually skeptical of the 'basic' line of car audio products, but i honestly can't find any technical differences that warrant me going for a premier deck rather than the 41000dvd...... Does anyone know if there's a real difference?

And another thing, that kinda makes me mad, is that pioneer decks have 4v outputs, rather than 5v like the excellons. What gives? I have a 1/0 power cable going down one doorsill, and a 1/0 ground going down the opposite, and i need all the preamp voltage i can get to reject that voltage.

the alpines have 2v preouts. what's going on here?

and i don't own/plan to own an ipod, so that's not a consideration.

In fact, the only reason i'm considering a dvd unit rather than a cd unit is so i can load up a dvd with mp3's.

A simple double-din cd unit is still in consideration.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.