Pioneer double din carplay deck with 80prs audio features?

Participant count
  • Participant list

imsickofweed

Senior VIP Member
Im looking for a pioneer double din deck with carplay that has all the audio bells and whistles of the 80prs. Ideally the dsp, auto time alignment auto eq, 5v preouts etc. Ive been looking around the pioneer website at their NEX models, but havent found one with 5v preouts although they all seem to have the auto time alignment feature. I really like the 80prs, but the carplay feature would be ideal for my situation and be a little safer driving. Most of my music is on the amazon music app and Ive read that the newer versions of that app work with carplay, hopefully they also work with the 80prs in case I cant find/afford a carplay deck. I would rather have the fine tuning audio controls of the 80prs over the not as great controls on the carplay decks. Im also not locked into having it be a pioneer deck, but I figured they would be the most likely to have the same features as the 80prs in a carplay deck. Thanks in advance for all the help and advice.

i dont believe that there is a double din that can compare to the 80prs, that being said, there are tons of decks that have great eq's, time alignment, active x-over abilities etc etc. all the stuff you really need for good sound

The apple car play is a major feature that Im after, but I really want the time alignment, crossovers, and 5v preouts. The only thing the carplay decks are really missing are the 5v preouts. I dont see myself getting a dsp anytime soon, but maybe that will change. I want a carplay deck so Im going to be spending money for that and cant justify buying a dsp.

The apple car play is a major feature that Im after, but I really want the time alignment, crossovers, and 5v preouts. The only thing the carplay decks are really missing are the 5v preouts. I dont see myself getting a dsp anytime soon, but maybe that will change. I want a carplay deck so Im going to be spending money for that and cant justify buying a dsp.
whats your hangup with the 5v preouts?

Apple car play is overrated. I used it a few times and don’t use it anymore. 5 volt pre-outs are overrated as well, 4 volt should do fine with good interconnects and amplifiers.

4 volts is more than enough.

Every friend i've had asked me to put an apple car play head unit in their car.

two months later i asked them how's their head unit and how's apple car play. THEY DONT USE IT. Literally garbage compared to android auto and android auto s*cks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

imsickofweed

Senior VIP Member
imsickofweed
Orange County
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from