Pioneer DEH-80PRS Selection

That's why I'm glad I have an alpine headunit so I don't have to buy the RUX controller for the H800 lol.. The controller is mandatory for any factory integration or headunit that's not alpine which sways most people away. I just use the Ai-net cable from HU to processor and it sends everything through that. The processor will NOT turn on without the RUX or atleast an Alpine headunit.

I was lucky enough to meet a guy who used to work for Alpine headquarters here in California. Got my INA-w910 for $800 brand new from him. Then a year later I asked him if he could get me a H800 and he called a buddy of his from Alpine and said there was one left in their show room never been used so he sold it to me for $400. This processor really is great to work with and easy to use especially with the graphs and stuff.

As someone who has never had an elite system (and probably never will), I do not know what 'active mode' or 'active capabilities' are....at least not by that name.
Could you offer a bit of clarification of what that is?

At minimum, I want a deck made by a quality company. I want built-in BT, and I want to run an amp on 6X9s with as many EQ bands as possible so I can adjust my music.

It sounds like this isn't active mode, but I guess I don't want to get stuck with a sucky deck.

Also - is there one in the $500 or less category that is better than this one?
Running in active mode means that each speakers is being powered through a separate channel. For example a 2 way component set with passive crossovers, you only need 2 channels of amplification whereas active you need 4 channels for the same setup. The difference is with active you separate the frequencies before any amplifcation and with passive you split it through the crossover they give you after you amplify it.

active-passiveSpeaker.gif

Setting up in active mode is a bit more complicated and takes more time to get right but can be very beneficial for someone who likes to tweak the sound. You get the flexibility to control each speaker individually instead of it already been pre-tuned for you.

There's also passive bi-amping which gives you a little more control of each speaker but still is hindered from the passive crossover which is right in between fully active and passive.

Passive_BiAmp_Speaker.jpg

That's why I'm glad I have an alpine headunit so I don't have to buy the RUX controller for the H800 lol.. The controller is mandatory for any factory integration or headunit that's not alpine which sways most people away. I just use the Ai-net cable from HU to processor and it sends everything through that. The processor will NOT turn on without the RUX or atleast an Alpine headunit.
I was lucky enough to meet a guy who used to work for Alpine headquarters here in California. Got my INA-w910 for $800 brand new from him. Then a year later I asked him if he could get me a H800 and he called a buddy of his from Alpine and said there was one left in their show room never been used so he sold it to me for $400. This processor really is great to work with and easy to use especially with the graphs and stuff.
I guess I had forgot about the unit needing an ainet unit to turn on, as I just used my laptop and my 9861.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Hondaman

10+ year member
Hondaman
Milwaukee, WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from