pioneer deh-2200UB popped fuses than stopped working, other headunit worked fine

Participant count
  • Participant list

wazzapkid91
10+ year member

Well when i installed this headunit..(I know cheap and crappy... Its what I can afford for now... ) I turned it on and it popped a fuse. I checked the connections and all and tried it again with a new fuse, same deal. So I triple checked the connections and it still popped another fuse. So I took an old headunit I had laying around and hooked it up and it worked fine. The other headunit is an old school Pioneer deh-p41 which I think isnt too bad of a piece but I want my ipod back. And I have tried with the 2200 to test it with the battery terminals and no go. I also opened it up to see if anything was burnt and everything seemed good. Any ideas on what I should do? This thing worked great in my isuzu pickup. Ask any questions if needed. Thanks

try it without hooking up any speakers. just power aand ground. if it doesnt pop fuses. hook one speaker at a time tilll you pop fuse again. you mave a shorted speaker also. let me know?

Yeah i have tried that. Hooking up the ignition and power to the Positive terminal and black to the Negative and it didn't work. Didn't even throw the little spark that everything get when u hook something up. Are there any other tests i can do with a meter?

do the harnesses match up so you are just switching out decks or are the harnesses different? maybe something in your harness is shorting?

PICS:

24wammu.jpg

28bw5r8.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

wazzapkid91

10+ year member
wazzapkid91
Daytona Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from