Pioneer car amp turns on and off repeatedly

Participant count
  • Participant list

Datring2000

CarAudio.com Newbie
Dallas
Long story short my amp has been working fine until recently. Suddenly, it started powering on and off every time I connect the red battery wire to the positive terminal of the car battery. This actually started happening after I blew the fuses on the amp and got new ones but maybe that has nothing to do with the amp.

Anyways, I thought the battery was the issue so I bought another battery and it’s still doing the same thing? I thought the issue would’ve solved.

could the battery wire be an issue? The wire melted after I installed new fuses on the amp. However, the wire is still able to power the amp that continued to power on and off

If I need to clarify anything let me know

First thing that comes to mind is a loose connection somewhere, but since you mentioned that you have melted wires, I would double check that everything is connected properly in terms of voltage/amps.

You can easily determine if it is the battery wire, but connecting a voltmeter to the cable while the amp is turning off/on to see if the voltage through the cable is steady. Follow that trail all the way to the amp terminal. If it is steady at the amp terminal, then you know it is the amp.

It could also be your remote turn on wire, or even your head unit telling the amp to turn off/on through that wire.

Start with the battery cable and go from there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.