Pioneer AVIC-N1

Participant count
  • Participant list

Randy Savage
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
New York
Anyone have this unit?

I got a new job and will be making a decent amount of money now and was looking into getting an in-dash LCD/DVD unit. The AVIC looks very tempting...looks to be loaded with features...looks like a nice built-in GPS system.

Anywho, anyone have/seen one in use?

Also, does Crutchfield price match?

pioneer has the better audio than alpine.

pioneer has better graphics than eclipse.

pioneer is cheaper than either.

alpine has the best video.

eclipse is just ugly.

pioneer has better audio than alpine??????? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/waycrazy.gif.f4a380c3f94043939fd369defd9e6be2.gif esclipse is ugly---> well everyone has different opinions

please explain.

Better audio, in what aspect?

Doubt I would notice a diff. in the audio, considering I have significant external processing...

Pixel wise, in my opinion, the new alpine d300/d900/d901 are the best quality.

I recently installed a AVIC-N1 and a d300 in friends vehicles. The d300 definately had better quality than the avic-n1.

Is it that much better to buy one over the other? No unless you just really want that extra little quality.

The pioneer has tons of options that I like, as does the alpine. It's really just according to what you want in the item.

Pixel wise, in my opinion, the new alpine d300/d900/d901 are the best quality.
I recently installed a AVIC-N1 and a d300 in friends vehicles. The d300 definately had better quality than the avic-n1.

Is it that much better to buy one over the other? No unless you just really want that extra little quality.

The pioneer has tons of options that I like, as does the alpine. It's really just according to what you want in the item.
Thanks.

I was also looking at the Alpine units, can't find them on too many sites, though...I've seen the d300 for around 1100 on ebay, which seems like a good deal. I've also heard that the Alpine's picture is insane....but was it that big of a difference in your eyes? I'm really liking the idea of the GPS system on the AVIC...

Well, it's basically all in all how you see video. I mean, some people could care less if they had a regular 20 inch tv, compared to a plasma tv.. and they say they can't tell the difference.

In my opinion, is the difference noticeable? Yes..but is it noticeable to choose one over the other? No not really. They both h ave great quality, if i had to choose by quality i'd choose alpine. However, the alpine doesn't have every option the pioneer has, and vice versa. Either way, I think you will be pleased with either one that you choose.

Ryan

i mean the pioneer is more versetile. I mean if u have all the external processors then it is all in the screen. I mean the alpine screen has a 1 million pixel resolution. I think.......

Better audio, in what aspect?
Doubt I would notice a diff. in the audio, considering I have significant external processing...
I read it in Car audio mag or ME, not to shure. the Alpine has killer Vid. In cali they have "the good guys" they sell nice stuff for crazy $$ prices. Ive seen all 3 units side by side at this store. the ECLIPSE menu is very ugly. Not the unit.

it was a while ago since i saw them so dont ask me crazy stuff.

Sweet little unit. I like the pulse touch and picture on the iva-d300. Its very very cool. I love the built in navi on the avic though. I will own one in the near future. Does very cool things not everyone probably knows about. PM me and i can tell ya some pretty sweet stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.