Pioneer Avic-D1 *disappointment*

Participant count
  • Participant list

loudsts
10+ year member

okay i just got the pionner avic-d1 in my cadillac.. and im a lil disappointed about it.. when i hook my ipod up thru it. it doesnt show any nice layout u just have to guess what song ur looking for it doesnt show song names or nothing like that. for a song name it is 'ipod0005' something stupid

does any1 kno what im talkin about or kno how to get the layout

thanks

Hmmm, I thought that you had to have the id3 tags on your mp3's in a certain style/format for it to display titles properly? I don't have a pioneer setup so I'm unsure, thought I saw that somewhere....

yes i did.. i read emboth and its retarded ... like i cant choose thru song names i just have to randomly let it play to hear songs i cant scan thru titles.. kinda wack. anyone have any ideas

i updated the ipod software.. everythjing

Well, the ipod interface for the avic-d1 ***** right now. I have a Avic-d1, and was going to buy it. but there's no point. its just an expensive aux input. From what Ive been told, pioneer is coming out with a new ipod interface that will be 100x better. it will display everything on an ipod like screen, It will now take advantage of the 6.5in screen. So id return the current one, and wait for the new one. OR if you want something NOW. i hear the ipod2car Gen 2 for pioneer is a ok replacement. it displays text, but tricks the stereo into thinking its XM radio.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.