Pioneer 860 vs. Eclipse 8445

baseballfan698
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Indiana
Well i have pretty much come down to to these two headunits. They both look like good choices and i cant really make up my mind. so if anyone could give me any info to sway me one way or the other let me know. Alright PEACE!

if you read my thread 'battle of the pioneers' those are the two headunits i basically narrowed it down to. i went with the 8445. still gotta get it though. should be in late this week or early next week

The Eclipse. Once you hear one, you will never go back. I'm not sure how the two compare in terms of features, but I am sure they are close. But for sound quality, the Eclipse wins, no question.

The Eclipse. Once you hear one, you will never go back. I'm not sure how the two compare in terms of features, but I am sure they are close. But for sound quality, the Eclipse wins, no question.
bah.. ive always ran high end eclipse.. since the 5 volt 5303r...long time before the offered 8V..

I just sold my 8454 and put in a 780... the pioneer is a great deck (so far)....the buttons feel a little cheaper than eclipse.. the pioneer is easier to use and set up..and has WAY WAY WAY better mp3 navigation...the 'list' feature on the pioneer is simply awesome.. it also works on regular CD's if they have the track info on them....

havent installed my amp/mids yet..still using the factory 'audiophile sony system' lol... but so far i do not regret switching at all..what i fear is the thing taking a crap and not working..but after hearing a few complaints about elipse 8445 lately..... and how the only 06 models actually made by eclipse are the 5000 & 7000 (JVC oem's the rest).. im glad i went with pioneer.. ask me again in a year //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.