pioneer 860 questions

danny_isr
10+ year member

nyc,ny
Got my new Premier 860 last week, very impressive.

The sound is very good , and it improved the sound in the car much more then I imagine it will be.

With the same amps/speakers. Had before Old Pioneer 4800 and a CD changer.

My door speakers are hooked to the internal HU amp . and my front tweeters to external 2 ch amp.

But now I don’t have any control on the volume of the door speakers. and I can barely hear them.

Rear speakers and sub are amplified with external amps as well. So the doors speakers are the only one that are not amplified.

The front amp for those tweeters is a very old one , and probably not compatible with the 6.5V. so I had to turn the gain on it to minimum to make it work without distortion.

Maybe that’s part of the problem ….? Should have help the door speaker situation I would think …

It’s a Sherwood 2x25.

Do you guys think if I will use the HU directly with those tweeters they will sound any better ?

Tweeters are Pioneer TS-S20

Any suggestions ?

Another thing , is there any option to disable the negative colors on the screen savers ?

I wasn’t too impress with the auto EQ , had to tweak it more after.

I don’t get it , you have auto EQ and Manual EQ and both effect ? didn’t make sense to me.

Seems they “fighting “each other : the auto EQ set my highs almost to zero , I had to put it on max on the manual EQ.

But bottom line , VERY impressed from this unit. I found myself sitting in the car longer ………

invest in some amps... or at least power the front mids off one of the amps u have instead of the rear fill and power those off the hu. its a nice deck indeed, i was impressed with it.

hehe well u would have done that if i had available amp channels.

i have 4 channel amp that running the rear and bridged the sub.

and a small amp that is running the tweeters.

i thought if the amp is High Power like they claim it is, i should be ok on the door ones with it. or the tweeters...

yeah maybe i have no choice here , and will need to invest in another 4 channel amp for the door/tweeters ...

how about hooking the front speakers up to your Big Amp, run the rear off the small amp, leaving the sub on the bridged channel of the Big Amp.......... You can run the door speakers and the tweets on the larger amp.

as far as the auto and manual eq fighting each other if i'm not mistaken you can't run both at the same time. what you should do is just right down the auto eq and time allignment settings for a baseline and take the unit out your dash and switch it to NW mode the unit is amazing in network mode. you get 24 db/oct on the mid and high filters and 36 db/oct on the low. i know your problem with 6.5 v on a old amp, i had to go to deck power since i can't think of a el cheapo amp that can handle to 6.5 v since i don't want to spend to much on a weak amp to power the coaxials and my tweets just to replace it with a hifonics hawk (or zx4000)and a component set later

i'm not sure i understand the network mode.

Sub will get only lows , rear will be lows or mid , doors mid and tweeters high ?

how about buying one of those :

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=pyrpb180px&store=&catid=303

or

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=legla160&store=&catid=303

those amps i would think will work with 6.5v ...?

then i can connect the tweeters and doors to it. and will have gain control on them.

another thing , what the deal with this square remote . what exactly i'm suppose to do with it ? why they stopped selling the deck with the one that you can install on the wheel. will one of those work with the 860 ? seen then on e bay for $30

what your thoughts ?

Why dont you get an amp for your sub, maybe a mono, and use the big 4ch amp to run everything else //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I beleive the steering wheel remote will work, if its the right type, my 760 came with one, its the most convenient thing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I tend to reach for it even when Im driving somebody else's car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

to get rid of the inversing colors turn the HU off, then press either 5 or 6 on the preset radio buttons I think...that turns the color switching off, or the auto face opening thing...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.