Double Din?

LIGHTBEING
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey guys.

I need some advice on a HU. I have an 2000 Acura 3.2 TL. and because the factory HU is so **** big I need something that would adequetey fill the space and look right. I could make it look good by getting one of those Alpine Mobile Media Stations with a DVD player under it or an EQ or something. But I think they are way out of my price range. So I was considering a Double Din set up and kinda wanted to stick with Alpine because I am bias towards them and I already have a 12-disc alpine changer. Is the 3DA-W880 the only DD unit Alpine has? My friend just got a Kenwood Double din in his TL. That is also a DVD player plus sirius ready which is a big plus but a little too pricey. Check it:

http://www.streeteffectz.com/chuckdoubledin/

So my major concern really is making it look right and if at all possible to stay with Alpine. If it was the right price I would get a DD DVD player sirius ready but I think I'm dreaming.

Thanks

I prefer Alpines over Kenwoods hands down, but Kenwoods are better than Aiwa! They sound pretty good and are pretty reliable. However, I dont think Alpine makes the DDs I think only Pioneer kenwood, and Aiwa do. I would go with a Pioneer, they are really good for the money. You can put an equalizer or what my friend put was a cd holder that held about 10 cds. It was pretty cool too, very original.

A better option is a just a DIN H/U.

Then you can fit an EQ under it.

Pioneer makes double DIN H/U with no LCD screen

Eclipse had(s) double DIN H/U with a LCD screen on the face

Kenwood also has the same thing with the LCD

RattlinStratus- I'm bias to Alpine as well, it's all I used in the past. Had 3 Alpine HU. But there DD aren't too flatering. Kinda nasty IMO just like most of the ones out there. Yeah I was thinink about a HU and an equalizer, could look very nice. But I would stick with Alpine if I did that.

supa_c- I'm considering this but the DD I'm thinking about has the upper hand right now.

ShakinSupra- Good idea but in the TL, I just don't think it would look right. I need something big, ya know. thanks.

This Kenwood is by far the best DD I've seen and I think it's the best option. It has an LCD touchscreen. DVD/CD/MP3 player. EQ. Sirius Ready with controls. It's just a beautiful peice. When I think about it, it makes my naughty place tingle //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

DDX7015.jpg

http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=332&1=336&3=2468

I can get it for around $900

light being, if you got a dd screen in, then where is your radio control??

or is that like a touchscreen, which has that stuff on it?

i got a tl also, nice choice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

light being, if you got a dd screen in, then where is your radio control??
or is that like a touchscreen, which has that stuff on it?

i got a tl also, nice choice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

Hey man,

Yeah, that's a Touch screen, plus it has controls on each side of the screen. What yr TL do you have? You should get on http://www.acuraworld.com if you haven't already.

ive got that kenwood dd. i'm very satisfied with it. not too flashy on the gui, but it does its job and keeps the double din space looking clean.

I'm pretty sure it's 5 volts. That's good right?
I dont see anywhere that it is 5v......but if it is, yeah that would be the leader in the market as far as voltage

As a big of an Eclipse HU fan I am, I cannot recommend the AVN/AVX double dins for SQ- alot of owners complain of not much of a clean signal I believe its 0.8-1.8v actually .....i think

On the flipside- it has the most superior touch screen response, beautiful DVD playback, the best Navi unit, look s more OEM than any other unit- and loads mp3's faster than the competition(AVIC-N1)

Yeah, I can't find it right now either cuz that section of the site is down at the moment. The only reason I thought it's 5 volts is because all the rest of the Mobile Media/DVD player Kenwood Excelon line have High Voltage Preamp Output: 5.0V

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.