* Pioneer 80PRS Review *

I thought the Alpine 9887 was nice, it's a little more aggressive (in your face) sounding than most decks though. The Pioneer 800prs and P99RS are more laid back sounding but I think they sound really good. The Eclipse 7100 along with Kenwoods top of the line models (I've only used one, don't remember the model number) IMO have a good mix of both and IMO sound the best. 9887 was kind of a pain to navigate with and you do have to buy everything seperately. Kenwood doesn't have full active capabilities and lack what the other higher end units have. The 7100 is a pain in the *** to navigate through. The Pioneers I've always considered the easiest to navigate through with all the active settings.

I wish Pioneer would've went a little more classier looking with this new model but atleast they wrapped in all of the features without having to purchase seperately, unlike Alpines newer units. I might get one for my g/f's car for a simple 3way active setup. Gotta finish up my system first!

I thought the Alpine 9887 was nice, it's a little more aggressive (in your face) sounding than most decks though. The Pioneer 800prs and P99RS are more laid back sounding but I think they sound really good. The Eclipse 7100 along with Kenwoods top of the line models (I've only used one, don't remember the model number) IMO have a good mix of both and IMO sound the best. 9887 was kind of a pain to navigate with and you do have to buy everything seperately. Kenwood doesn't have full active capabilities and lack what the other higher end units have. The 7100 is a pain in the *** to navigate through. The Pioneers I've always considered the easiest to navigate through with all the active settings.
I wish Pioneer would've went a little more classier looking with this new model but atleast they wrapped in all of the features without having to purchase seperately, unlike Alpines newer units. I might get one for my g/f's car for a simple 3way active setup. Gotta finish up my system first!
i need ur help bro.......

Do you need to have 3 amps ( or a 5 channels amp) in order to use/set-up the front stage time alignment?

In other words my component speaker being on the same amp (front part of a 4 channel) can not really be time adjusted Right? so do i need to have three seperate amps high -mids -lows to take advantage of this HU fetures or am i just missing something?

Do you need to have 3 amps ( or a 5 channels amp) in order to use/set-up the front stage time alignment?
In other words my component speaker being on the same amp (front part of a 4 channel) can not really be time adjusted Right? so do i need to have three seperate amps high -mids -lows to take advantage of this HU fetures or am i just missing something?
You can preform time adjustments on a front stage that has passive crossovers. The problem is that having an individual channel for each speaker (active crossovers) will do much better for time alignment purposes (because the tweeters are a different distance away from your ears than the mid-bass speakers.) It also usually gives you better sound quality if you use the deck to decide the crossover points, but you will need an amp with more channels.

What speakers are you using?

You can preform time adjustments on a front stage that has passive crossovers. The problem is that having an individual channel for each speaker (active crossovers) will do much better for time alignment purposes (because the tweeters are a different distance away from your ears than the mid-bass speakers.) It also usually gives you better sound quality if you use the deck to decide the crossover points, but you will need an amp with more channels.
What speakers are you using?
I have RF T2562-S (100 watt rms) in the box waiting for install.

I was originally going to go with a PPI p900.4 Amp (140 Rms x 4 @4 ohms) to drive the t2652-s and a small 10 sub, but with this new info, it's back to the drawing board in finding a good value 5 or 6 channel Amp. Now i already have those speakers so finding a budget amp with some watts may be a challenge(I see now i will be going over budget). I do see a Massive Audio NX5 at $300 that might do a good job.

I really hope the extra expenses for this "3-Way Active Crossover Network, Auto EQ, Auto Time Alignment".. will be worth it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

if anyone is interested to know, the deck starts to clip at 55 volume for the subwoofer, when i check for the mids and highs the hu didnt start to clip till like 63.
Is this clipping measured across all source levels? ARe all adjustments flat? What tone are you scoping? What is the Voltage on the preouts at point of clip?

I am thinking about getting this. I love my DEH-P860MP, I have scoped it and on a cd source all adjustments flat on 50hz tone I could go 40 of 40 and have zero signs of clipping via oscope. I wish this 80prs has a ibus in, but I will live without it. Do you guys have links for the hard drive add ons and other accessories I might want to pick up when I by this 80prs?

I'm stuck between this unit and the AVH-8400bh. I already have the 8400, and the 80prs seems definitely on par and even better. How is the EQ adjustment? Easy to control? That's the one thing I really dislike on the AVH.

Is this clipping measured across all source levels? ARe all adjustments flat? What tone are you scoping? What is the Voltage on the preouts at point of clip?
I am thinking about getting this. I love my DEH-P860MP, I have scoped it and on a cd source all adjustments flat on 50hz tone I could go 40 of 40 and have zero signs of clipping via oscope. I wish this 80prs has a ibus in, but I will live without it. Do you guys have links for the hard drive add ons and other accessories I might want to pick up when I by this 80prs?
I scoped it with a 40hz sub and 1khz mid/high. The only source i checked was the cd. Everything was flat on HU. And the mids/high preout clipped at 60 not 63.

Since we getting close to this race getting started, Im not going to change anything as far as the Pioneer motors go. Thus, both the old and current versions of the Typhoon 18k motors are allowed.

If nothing else, we will see how they compare against the Scalextric and Hawk motors under race conditions.

Since we getting close to this race getting started, Im not going to change anything as far as the Pioneer motors go. Thus, both the old and current versions of the Typhoon 18k motors are allowed.
If nothing else, we will see how they compare against the Scalextric and Hawk motors under race conditions.
wtf is this about???????????????????

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Imtjnotu

5,000+ posts
Me Gusta Edition
Imtjnotu
San Diego CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied