Pioneer 6400 vs. 7400

-cy-

Alright, what are the differences. I see the MSRP cost difference is $75 more for the 7400. I know the 7400 can read MP3's, which may be cool, but is there anything else?

Also, do you think it is worth it spending the extra cash so i can use MP3 CD's? I am going to probably put in a 12 disc changer in the trunk. So i am thinking put all downloaded stuff on MP3 CD's, and change those 1 by 1 in the headunit (since there is only one player there), then use the changer for all of the CD's i actually bought.

How valuable is the MP3 part, right now i am thinking it will be a novelty. But if i could put basically all of my files on a few disks (or even 1 or 2, i don't have THAT many) then i may not need the changer. What do you think?

I think i want the 7400, but have some questions:

How many MP3's on average can i fit on a CD-R? Do you think its better to just put everything as MP3's on a few CD-R's (use a CD ripper for the stuff already on CD's, make 'em into MP3 files) and not use any CD changer. I know if i just get a normal player i want to put in a 12 disc changer, but i am thinking that if the MP3 readability really is what it seems, then i won't need a changer.

on a 74min cd-r u can prob fit just about 200 songs unless they're long or big mp3 files. i have the 7400 myself and i have 1000 mp3s on 7 cds and im still ripping cds into mp3s. i like this better then having a changer.

Well i decided on the 7400, the guys came over to install it today (they are a small company, and a point of their business is they are mobile). They thought i had a stock stereo, but in my firebird i have the "premium" factory system, which has an alarm they need a bypass for and a different harness then the one they thought i had. I will have to wait a week or so, but i guess it will be worth it as my sub box should be in then as well, so it will all go in at one time.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif That's funny.

Yes, they both have +-12dB sub level control.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.