Pioneer 4400 vs. Pioneer 6400

Participant count
  • Participant list

KayGee
10+ year member

Is the Pioneer 6400 really that much better than the 4400? The options seem all the same except for the 6400 has a screen with screensavers. Is that the only difference really? The 4400 is also $60 cheaper, so I'm kind of leaning towrads that. And also, is the Pioneer premier 640 any different than the 6400, because they look exactly the same. thanks

the only difference between the pioneer 4400 and 6400 is the screen display. Otherwise the units are identical. I have actually installed both of these units in cars and they are fairly nice headunits for the money. The 6400 looks nicer to begin with, but personally i think the display gets old and annoying real fast. At any rate my big qualm about these two headunits is that it will not let you have the subwoofer controls while your using your rear channels, so unless your getting 2 amps (1 run to run 4 speakers and one to to run subs), you wont have subwoofer controls. The premier headunit if my understanding is correct (feel free to correct me if im wrong) should producer a cleaner sound than their lower line, but the rest is the same (display and controls) I hope that helps you out

~Bobby

im not sure if the premier does, but just by the setup of the thing (2 preouts), I would imagine its the same situation as the 6400. Basically you need 3 preouts and then you'll get the subwoofer control. The alpine 7892 I believe is around 200-250 and is a fairly good unit for the price, but ever since I got my eclipse deck I have been all out eclipse fan. I heard the Eclipse CD5541 (which I have) and the alpine 7995 (which is one of the highest units alpine makes) and the 7995 just sounded horrible IMO compared to the eclipse. If you afford it, go with an eclipse deck because they sound awesome, but they are kind of expensive and kind of look crappy, but if all you care about is sound then eclipse is the way to go IMO.

Goodluck

If you have any questions just post or you can im me at mr4pto on aim.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.