Pioneer - 4 Speaker Car Audio System (2004 Pontiac Grand AM)

Participant count
  • Participant list
So basically, I bought this cheap little Pioneer Audio System Package from Walmart. Here is the link: Pioneer Car Audio Bundle includes CD Receiver plus (4) Speakers #DXT-X2769UI - Walmart.com

Speaker Problem:

Alright so I have 2004 Pontiac Grand Am. So the back speakers were blown so I went ahead and replaced those with the ones that came with the set. And they work, partially. The come on and play music but you can only listen to it are a low, low volume. If you turn it up any more the speakers start to make a pop/crackle noise. And one instance I was listening to music and I turned it up alittle bit and it started to crackle so i turned the radio off and is kept going then it made a constant sound that was getting higher pitched and I thought the speakers were going to blow so I disconnected them and they have stayed that way.

Radio Problem:

Now for the radio problem. So I got the dash install kit for my car model, got the wiring harness and the new chime for the doors and all that. So my dad did this part because he has bought this exact set for our other 2 cars and installed them no problems. But for some reason when we did it with the Pontiac the radio powers on and everything works fine, but there is no sound output what so ever. He even took the deck out of our other car and put it in the Pontiac to make sure I didn't get a bad deck and it didn't put out sound either. So we ended up putting the stock radio back in and it works fine, it plays music and everything.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with these 2 problems. It would be greatly appreciated as me and my dad both are kinda lost at this point.

Thank you so much. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Pull it back out and check the wiring. Does not sound like it's wired correctly. Make sure you have the correct harness
We did pull it back out and we bought the correct wiring harness for our model Pontiac. We check the wiring and it all seems to match up with the diagram. One thing I did read was something about the Remote Control Wire, that is blue/white (I do believe) saying it need to be connected somewhere.

I forgot to mention that it had a Monsoon Audio System in it that came factory. My dad this we need to just bypass the monsoon amp completely and re-wire the speakers, etc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.