Phone audio settings

Participant count
  • Participant list
I thought I had a decent hu
considering your bluetooth version is 1.2, you are severely outdated. newer head units are 3.0 which allows much better bluetooth transfer rates meaning you get a lot closer to lossless.

2.0 (2.1 megabits per second) is 3 times faster than 1.2 (700 kilibytes per sec)

Bluetooth 3.0 is 24 megabytes per second. so bluetooth 3.0 is 34 x faster than your current head unit.

Stop using bluetooth. It slaughters your sound quality. I want you to try something and report back. You're about to be mind blown.
Take your favorite music cd. Rip it to your computer in the highest quality format you can. Then put the file on your phone.

I want you to listen to that song first over bluetooth, then over aux, then on the cd.

Tell me what you hear //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
no difference in my setup after proper EQ tuning and using either spotify premium or flac/320kbps usb or bluetooth.

If your bluetooth sux than either your phone's bluetooth speed sux or your tuning isnt proper for your source.

Stop using bluetooth. It slaughters your sound quality. I want you to try something and report back. You're about to be mind blown.
Take your favorite music cd. Rip it to your computer in the highest quality format you can. Then put the file on your phone.

I want you to listen to that song first over bluetooth, then over aux, then on the cd.

Tell me what you hear //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I've got no axillary Jack. >:/

Then do the same song on bluetooth and cd
So you're saying that CDs is the best quality music? My problem is I drive a old school slammed bug. It bounces around scrapes like a mofo. I don't think I'd be able to play CD without it skipping

So you're saying that CDs is the best quality music? My problem is I drive a old school slammed bug. It bounces around scrapes like a mofo. I don't think I'd be able to play CD without it skipping
Skipping cds is a 90s thing. Totally not a problem anymore

I wouldnt worry about it too much. Just stop using pandora if possible. The quality is horrible. Tidal or spotify premium can get you extremely close to CD quality easily.

I wouldnt worry about it too much. Just stop using pandora if possible. The quality is horrible. Tidal or spotify premium can get you extremely close to CD quality easily.
Okay so currently I'm using the Pandora hack for the Android it gives me free Pandora Premium and allows me to download any song I want straight to my phone. I believe there is the same hack for Spotify...giving you Spotify Premium and allowing you to rip songs to your device. I like being able to play my music directly from my phone so I can choose whatever songs I desire at any time. Without having to switch CDs. It's also easier to use my phone's interface to scroll through and pick out songs disc might sound a little better but I don't want to go back to putting CDs in and out CDs laying all over my car ect. I like everything being in my phone. just want to get the best sound quality from there. Whether it be Bluetooth or aux..

Because sometimes I'll be listening to some Albert King or Stevie Ray Vaughan. Then I see some youngsters at the stoplight "slapping" their kicker setups that there mommies bought them fot xmas.. got them thinking they're the shyt.. cant be having at my town... that's when I got to be able to change songs real quick and zip up next to them and serve em the old 1..2.. LOL. I talk a lot of shyt and I got a lot to learn

I will try this
test wont be sufficient to draw conclusions since you are using pandora quality files which is horrid neither do you have a proper head unit so yes there will be a big difference going from bluetooth to cd with your current head unit. Do the same test again with the 80 prs and properly tuned EQ curves, sub level and SLA for both CD and bluetooth and you'll see no difference.

test wont be sufficient to draw conclusions since you are using pandora quality files which is horrid neither do you have a proper head unit so yes there will be a big difference going from bluetooth to cd with your current head unit. Do the same test again with the 80 prs and properly tuned EQ curves, sub level and SLA for both CD and bluetooth and you'll see no difference.
So Spotify premium 320kbps and Pioneer 80prs will change my game?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.