Phone audio settings

Participant count
  • Participant list
test wont be sufficient to draw conclusions since you are using pandora quality files which is horrid neither do you have a proper head unit so yes there will be a big difference going from bluetooth to cd with your current head unit. Do the same test again with the 80 prs and properly tuned EQ curves, sub level and SLA for both CD and bluetooth and you'll see no difference.
Thats exactly what im trying to show him.

So Spotify premium 320kbps and Pioneer 80prs will change my game?
The 80prs is basically the best sq headunit out there under $1000(its $240). However, its quite old and the bluetooth on it is subpar. You'd need like a 2016-2017 phone with one of the most new headunits out there to hit be able to have quality bluetooth. However, you then run into the problem of not having the best DACS in that headunit. The mobile audio game is ripe with being behind the world in technology unfortunately. There is alot more to it. Like having crap phone DACs and such.

Since Jeff wants to be top poster all the fucking time. Ill let him take over. So Jeff, why dont you explain to him how to bypass his phone's DACs through a usb OTG cable and Spotify(Tidal) and a external DAC, drop his headunit, run stealth to a C-dsp and have more control over everything.

Also i have the Icon too, i love it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I trust the 80 pr's triple burr brown 24 bit dacs over tiny external dacs anyday. The bluetooth on the 80 prs is still relevant.

Not everyone wants to pull out a laptop to tune whenever they want to make adustments to the sound. Its a hassle and its fking annoying. If he had the money i'd recommend a dsp where you can tune via bluetooth app on the phone but for 250, 80 prs is his most hassle free bet.

The 80prs is basically the best sq headunit out there under $1000(its $240). However, its quite old and the bluetooth on it is subpar. You'd need like a 2016-2017 phone with one of the most new headunits out there to hit be able to have quality bluetooth. However, you then run into the problem of not having the best DACS in that headunit. The mobile audio game is ripe with being behind the world in technology unfortunately. There is alot more to it. Like having crap phone DACs and such.
Since Jeff wants to be top poster all the fucking time. Ill let him take over. So Jeff, why dont you explain to him how to bypass his phone's DACs through a usb OTG cable and Spotify(Tidal) and a external DAC, drop his headunit, run stealth to a C-dsp and have more control over everything.

Also i have the Icon too, i love it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I have a galaxy 7... so if I'm determined to go Bluetooth. And the 80prs has an outdated Bluetooth. Is there a different head unit to my better suit my needs? Or would the other features of the 80prs outweigh the sub-par Bluetooth.

I just picked up my second icon. currently building a box for two icons. I bought my first a year-and-a-half ago , someone on a different form forum mentioned it would be a solid efficient subwoofer for my og Volkswagen application.. along with a soundqubed, and a few other subwoofers. But I found a used icon 12 on Craigslist. So I bought it and from the first moment of Holding that subwoofer my hands and admiring handmade build quality completely ****** me into car audio..

I trust the 80 pr's triple burr brown 24 bit dacs over tiny external dacs anyday. The bluetooth on the 80 prs is still relevant.

Not everyone wants to pull out a laptop to tune whenever they want to make adustments to the sound. Its a hassle and its fking annoying. If he had the money i'd recommend a dsp where you can tune via bluetooth app on the phone but for 250, 80 prs is his most hassle free bet.
I definitely like hassle-free. With the best sound quality I can get LOL.. I've already got a lot of money into this system. And still see a lot more **** that I want to upgrade. So of course I want to use this equipment at its highest potential. But with the least amount of hassle. Perhaps I'm being a princess LOL

I definitely like hassle-free. With the best sound quality I can get LOL.. I've already got a lot of money into this system. And still see a lot more **** that I want to upgrade. So of course I want to use this equipment at its highest potential. But with the least amount of hassle. Perhaps I'm being a princess LOL
Sound quality and hassle are like synonyms :p Its not an easy process. I try to recommend wired approaches as much as possible. Any time you send something over the air, you always run the risk of quality loss, or using compression. Pandora is not known for its sound quality in any way. They simply use subpar compression standards but it allows you to receive music even in bad reception areas. Tidal and Spotify both use high quality compression standards. (320) but i think you have to pay for them.

An 80prs and Spotify(Tidal) will net you a LARGE increase in sound quality and would be the most hassle free. It would also allow you to still utilize your bluetooth. So there is that as well.

You could run headless and do other things that are more complicated but would net you a very large increase in SQ but it probably wouldn't be worth it for what your goals are.

I have a galaxy 7... so if I'm determined to go Bluetooth. And the 80prs has an outdated Bluetooth. Is there a different head unit to my better suit my needs? Or would the other features of the 80prs outweigh the sub-par Bluetooth.I just picked up my second icon. currently building a box for two icons. I bought my first a year-and-a-half ago , someone on a different form forum mentioned it would be a solid efficient subwoofer for my og Volkswagen application.. along with a soundqubed, and a few other subwoofers. But I found a used icon 12 on Craigslist. So I bought it and from the first moment of Holding that subwoofer my hands and admiring handmade build quality completely ****** me into car audio..
the bluetooth is definitely not sub par. I can literally drive two traffic lights away and still remain connected on my buddy's ipad playing music via BT. Its just not bluetooth 4.0 like the android double din units BUT those android head units are PURE garbage sound quality wise. There is no head unit better than the 80 prs in terms of sound under 1000 dollars. not by a long shot. That sub par BT statement is just pure pointless nitpicking at this point lmao. Keep it simple, For your needs the 80 prs will do everything you want and more.

In the far future when you ready to go big with SQ, you can get one of those bluetooth phone app controlled Digital Sound Processors and get a giant leap in SQ however you really need to build your system tuning knowledge first and the 80 prs is perfect training for you. A DSP is not for the light hearted or inexperienced A lot of people get stumped on how to even start using it.

Yeah I was considering a DSP because I wanted to run SSA evil mids and tweets. But the more I looked into it all I saw was a lot more money and getting myself into something I'll probably never understand. So I'll stick with hex .

I thought my shyt sounded pretty good as it was.( but never really sat in a sound quality car) It's nice knowing it's going to get better.

I do appreciate everybody's input and the fact you took time to help me. I don't personally know anybody in the car audio game other than one or two SPL guys who are just chasing numbers at competitions. I listen to all different genres of music. So I want my stuff to sound clean. And pound azz at the push of a button. I couldn't do that without you guys on this forum. =D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.