PHOENIX GOLD: Smash or trash?

i own several PG xenon amps.

they are built like tanks

the x400.1 will put out about 460rms (cea rated)

plus you get a 24db crossover a subsonic filter.

if you really want some killer power get the x600.1, i have yet to see a birthsheet less the 830rms.

but the x400.1 is a real nice amp well built and plenty of power

your not going to find a new amp with all the power and features of that x400.1

go for it you will be happy

my xenon 1200.1 blew up and almost caught my car on fire.......but i think it was one of the defective ones that was recalled but since i got it off ebay i was SOL...... i was warned by my installer, who was an authorized PG dealer, that some of them had been known to catch on fire but i decided to give it a try anyway since i had paid for it and couldnt take it back......anyway, i hear theyre good amps overall besides that bad batch so id give it a shot....but might reconsider an ebay purchase and go authorized if u can afford it

i own several PG xenon amps.
they are built like tanks

the x400.1 will put out about 460rms (cea rated)

plus you get a 24db crossover a subsonic filter.

if you really want some killer power get the x600.1, i have yet to see a birthsheet less the 830rms.

but the x400.1 is a real nice amp well built and plenty of power

your not going to find a new amp with all the power and features of that x400.1

go for it you will be happy
yeah yeah well my friend got a 600.1 rated at 617 ,anyone expecting 800+ will prolly be disappointed as maybe 1 in 200 will be over 800 rms

yeah yeah well my friend got a 600.1 rated at 617 ,anyone expecting 800+ will prolly be disappointed as maybe 1 in 200 will be over 800 rms
all x600.1's will do over 800W. just not all of them got new birthsheets. call up PG and talk to Errin (male) if you want more info.

also, the x1200.1 that blew up would have had to be from the very first batch ('02 or something, a while ago) and they all should have been returned to PG and re-worked.

all x600.1's will do over 800W. just not all of them got new birthsheets. call up PG and talk to Errin (male) if you want more info.
also, the x1200.1 that blew up would have had to be from the very first batch ('02 or something, a while ago) and they all should have been returned to PG and re-worked.
oh so the birth sheet had'nt(**** what a word)been updated and it really puts out over 800 huh and somebody named errin that works for pg will confirm this

i asked about pg on a few sites. i was immediately sent to the hifonics brutus line which runs at the same price if not cheaper ... i have talked to roughly 10 references from both sides and i get much more confidence in the hifonics.

the hifoncs amps are cheaper... thats were the benifits end.. they require more juice to run and arent fan cooled like the PG xenons.. not all pg amps are great, but i would take a xenon over a brutus amp ANY DAY

I blew a 1200.1 up too, didnt light on fire tho just went into protect and would not come out. Good thing for warranty. But what ever these are killer amps much better than anything i have ever used from hifonics, you get what you pay for.

i asked about pg on a few sites. i was immediately sent to the hifonics brutus line which runs at the same price if not cheaper ... i have talked to roughly 10 references from both sides and i get much more confidence in the hifonics.
I'd take anything PG over anything Hifonics unless it's some old ass Hifonics.

I have a X600.1 and love it. The birthsheets that came with the first batch of amps was not real. So yes they all do 800+

The X600.1 are the most overbuilt amps in the Xenon line. They are the amp to get if you are going to het one. I would go with a RSd sub just put 1 in my car and it is worth every penny and then some.

MJ

ive done a lot of research on the subject and for a sq application, i have received much more interest in hifonics. based on the 1 ohm stability. running at 2ohm they are cool as can be. not too mention ... everywhere i go i see people discussing their blown pg amps. specifically the xenon line. only once or twice have i read anything about a blown hifonics amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.