PHOENIX GOLD: Smash or trash?

i hear good things about the xx line from hifonics.....im sure some people have had problems but there are gonna be problems with any amp.....pg alike.....but the xx line from hifonics seems to the best out of all of their lineups....i hear mostly good things about it.....i just ordered one from roe on sunday and should be getting it this week so i'll find out for sure when i hook it up

I don't really care for the looks of the Hifonics amps. But then, I don't really care for the PG look either (especially the RSDs. What'd they do, steal those from the Bat Cave?)

The Xenons are probably more overbuilt than the Hifonics, but honestly, I think there's better options than either of the two.

I'd probably take an Exile over either. But there are many, many other options.

You might find the Hifonics fits your needs, though. What's the worst that can happen?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I don't really care for the looks of the Hifonics amps. But then, I don't really care for the PG look either (especially the RSDs. What'd they do, steal those from the Bat Cave?)
The Xenons are probably more overbuilt than the Hifonics, but honestly, I think there's better options than either of the two.

I'd probably take an Exile over either. But there are many, many other options.

You might find the Hifonics fits your needs, though. What's the worst that can happen?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Exile is a good company, ran them, ran pg, ect.. Pg amps are still superior build quality wise. The exiles are nice, they just lean more towards the spl side, while pg's focus is sq in mind first. This is not to say the exile amps dont sound good, because they do. Both great companies though. Exile has more powerful amps, so that works to advantage to some bass heads..

As for the rsd amps, yes they look pretty weird, but they are great amps. Infact much better than the xenons.

I used to be a die hard PG fan, and I still kinda am. If I was in your shoes and was considering an amp for the cvr10, I would go with the hifonics for the price.

If I were to buy the PG, I would save myself a little more money and buy an exile amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.