Phoenix Gold rsd's

If you are running or plan to run a substage, no, I'd skip the rears altogether. In fact I'd rip them out, depending on the vehicle.

adding a single 12" sub, prolly a DVC MSeries Memphis or a DVC MB Quart in a pretty small sealed box (got an '01 Mustang convertible). Don't want the huuuge thump, just some "emphasis". Listen to alot of hard rock.

eh forget rears //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

with a good comp set getting some nice power and a single sub, it'll sound real nice!!!!

I just wanted to say thanks to DejaWiz and Tbayz for your advice. I'm taking you guys up on it and have decided to run the Rsd's up front with a new Memphis MCA 2004 that I just bought. The memphis will do 150rms x 2 and I hope the PG's will take it. I'm running my rear Infinity comps off the HU only because I have a big SUV and my substage is 2 type-x's in a snailshell.

Yeah, I'm hoping it will sound as good as I think it will. I did the pure spl thing for a while and it got old.........or is it just me getting old? Anyway, I'll let you guys know how it sounds when I get this SQL monster goin.

I just wanted to say thanks to DejaWiz and Tbayz for your advice. I'm taking you guys up on it and have decided to run the Rsd's up front with a new Memphis MCA 2004 that I just bought. The memphis will do 150rms x 2 and I hope the PG's will take it. I'm running my rear Infinity comps off the HU only because I have a big SUV and my substage is 2 type-x's in a snailshell.
good luck man! I'm gonna prolly follow your lead in terms of running a pair at 150W from a memphis. Let us know how it sounds!

you will be happy with the RSD's. i wish i had 100-120 watts to them, that would be a great range of power. I have a profile amp giving them 80 watts per side, and they sound really good.

Everybody raves about the midbass on the RSD comps, and at first after I had them installed, I was disappointed in the midbass and some of the midrange, but the more they break in, the stronger the midbass gets. The highs are very crisp and sharp, but not very harsh. Some people may find them a touch harsh, but they will probably get a little smoother.

Yeah, I'm hoping it will sound as good as I think it will. I did the pure spl thing for a while and it got old.........or is it just me getting old? Anyway, I'll let you guys know how it sounds when I get this SQL monster goin.
u can buy my Kenwood Double Din with nav and 2 year warranty

I'm hoping the tweets are kinda bright as I will probaby have to install them in the dash of my 06 Durango. It seems like the only option since, the a-pillars and sail panels are partially blocked by an hvac vent, and there are no q-forms out there. I know it's not the best for SQ but hopefully it'll get me by. I just don't wanna cut my truck up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.