phoenix digital amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

FunBoyThomper
10+ year member

anybody ever heard of these amps? i have a chance to get a 1200 watt amp from a friend for dirt cheap to push my single 15" its gonna be replacing my audiobahn thats rated at 800 watts. i just wanted to know what you would categorize it at and is it reliable

ex: (lower brand) boss

(middle brand) sony

(higher brand) pheonix gold

i know with the the audiobanh i have right now is underpowering the speaker because it keeps getting hot and shutting off.

i have a 15" alpine type r

rms 750

max 2000

Stay away...

i know with the the audiobanh i have right now is underpowering the speaker because it keeps getting hot and shutting off.
"Underpowering" a speaker will never cause the amp to get hot, I have a feeling you miswired something and that amp is not functioning like you think it is.

u mean stay away from the phoenix digital amp?

and im pretty sure i installed and wired everything correctly with my current amp. alot of guys and shops i talk to just tell me that audiobahn amps are crap and tend to do that often

u mean stay away from the phoenix digital amp?
Yes.

Low end.

Crap.

and im pretty sure i installed and wired everything correctly with my current amp. alot of guys and shops i talk to just tell me that audiobahn amps are crap and tend to do that often
You may have it setup improperly. Incorrect gain setting, too much bass boost, etc.

Or installed in a location that doesn't allow it adequate cooling.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.