PG Tantrum 1200.1 question

oh right now i remembered what i wanted to say,

in reference to your question about why the 1200.1 isn't living up to it's 'reputation... a few things you should try. first, are you getting the 4v output from the sub out on that alpine unit? (there is a control for that right?) make sure it's set at the highest level, this is different from sending the amp a clipped signal...

in my experience with PG amps (the titanium series mostly) a line driver is almost crucial for an optimum output level. then again, unless you have a super high volt extra low impedence unit (alpines are good for that) the LD isn't necessary. but if you got something that boosted the signal to 8v rms, i think you'd be seeing more of what you were looking for. (all pg amps can get 8vrms no sweat) so if you can borrow a line driver and see how it works, or get a PG one from ebay, that'll help a ton.

OK I am getting pretty pist at my Tantrum, I have done almost everything I can think of. I put my 15D2 in a 2.03 cube sealed box and my amps are getting 14 or so volts and my Tantrum is not living up to what all I read about. My PPI PC2150 (600 watts) moves my Mag more than my Tantrum. What is the freakin deal??? I had the amp turned up about 3/4 the way, the ssf on about 30, the crossover on about 80hz, and the bass boost barely turned up.
anyone that has one of these amps please feel free to throw out any ideas.
Well for starters, you don't need an ssf for a sealed box.

OK I am getting pretty pist at my Tantrum, I have done almost everything I can think of. I put my 15D2 in a 2.03 cube sealed box and my amps are getting 14 or so volts and my Tantrum is not living up to what all I read about. My PPI PC2150 (600 watts) moves my Mag more than my Tantrum. What is the freakin deal??? I had the amp turned up about 3/4 the way, the ssf on about 30, the crossover on about 80hz, and the bass boost barely turned up.
anyone that has one of these amps please feel free to throw out any ideas.
make sure u have it on LPF/LPF don't have it set on where it could be lpf/hpf.

well I think I got it now, I am only getting 12 volts to my amps. (why is my cap not giving them 14?) yesterday I was getting 14 volts (with my dad's almost broken meter) but today I put my new meter on them and am only getting 12. So I guess that explains why I am not getting the "dynamic power" out of my PG Tantrum. Atleast I hope that is it, I don't want to have to get rid of this amp.

So now I need to get more volts to my amps. I guess it is time for a new battery/alternator. The thing that ***** is that a 180 amp alt is $389. (from Dominick) anyone know anywhere else to get a HO alt for a cheaper price or is that about what they run?

humm, are you sure the car was running and you weren't getting 14 volts.. b/C when the power is on in the car but the car isn't running you should get 12.

should I wire up all 4 speaker terminals on my PG? there are 2 pos and 2 neg terminals. should I wire one set to one coil and the other to the second coil??

should I wire up all 4 speaker terminals on my PG? there are 2 pos and 2 neg terminals. should I wire one set to one coil and the other to the second coil??
Nah, its a mono amp so the channels are bridged internally. It won't make a difference.

i get my t1200.1 tomorrow i hope i have no problems with it. well even if i do i still have my kx1200.1 but i'm giving my girl witch ever one i like less. "well maybe"

i'll post my birth sheet for you guys to, i hope it puts out silly power.

i hope you get your stuff all worked out cjj2d.

I hope I get it worked out to. My birthsheet say 1507 watts!!

didn't you post your birth sheet or was that some one else, i thought i saw some one post one that high, thats what made me want one. my kx1200.1 was like 1400 i have it going to 2 12L5's sealed, i think i might get "A" new sub or port them.

yes I posted that when I got it.

Now I am getting more irritated, I am only getting 12 volts when my car is running. anyone know why this might be??

and **** this PPI 2150 makes this Mag sound **** good! Looks like I am going to put one PPI 2150 on my Mag and one PPI 2150 on my Hex components. (I have always loved my PPI PC amps, I have quite a few of them)

maybe your alt's shitting the bed or you battery, not to sure.

wish i could be more help cause i know if i was in your shoes i'd be hella mad. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smash.gif.499e08a4a35ffaf54f4c8194fb8fe8ed.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.