PG RSd12D Installed....FTMFW

Demi
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hahira GA
Well its been a while since i talked my friend into trying one of these, and today we finally got the ***** installed. Did 2.4 @ 30Hz, with subwoofer tools. Nothing fancy just thrown in there with an http://www.crutchfield.com/S-VHrLvQ3JDTN/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=120&I=500MRPM650&search=alipine+amp. All I can say is wow. It is as accurate if not more so than my Type-X. Ran through some songs, first David Matthews "Where are you going". Every note was right where it should be and clear as a bell. Its really "fast" as well, it moves like would you would expect from a 8". I was a little worried that the output would be really lacking with it peaking at 500w, so i threw some ludicris on. Its hits hard and clean (for what it is) youre not going to win any SPL comps with it or anything but the overall feel is fantastic. This is not really a review as i dont know as much about whats whats as a should but if you get a chance check one out for sure.

how much power were u giving ur X and how loud does this sub with the amp u gave it compare to the X as far as loudness and output goes?

how much power were u giving ur X and how loud does this sub with the amp u gave it compare to the X as far as loudness and output goes?
Im giving my X 1000W, as far as output the X is MUCH louder, the PG shakes your mirror, the X shakes your hair. However the PG can be had for $80 as where the cheapest ive found the X is $280. Output its not comparable, but SQ it is.

^^ Dont be affraid to throw 1k at it. It will take it no problem. That should make it noticeably louder like the type x. It can take quite a beating.

I was so itching to try these a while ago, but I got a custom built beast from TeamPSI instead. Oh well, maybe in mom's car.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif She is the coolest mom ever for letting me put a system in her car

I was so itching to try these a while ago, but I got a custom built beast from TeamPSI instead. Oh well, maybe in mom's car.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif She is the coolest mom ever for letting me put a system in her car
that is a pretty daym cool mom //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

the rsd can take more of a beatting then you would think.

i have 1 12 rsd and its powered by a phoenix gold xenon 1200.1 which is about 1300rms and it takes that power daily.

so dont let the rms ratting sway you at all.

the rsd is the best sounding sub i have ever owned and i also have a type x 12 and the rsd beats it all aound by far, the only catagory that the type x is better is in how loud it gets, but the rsd still gets deciently loud.

heres a pic of my rsd and i also have the optional rsd grill

rsd12006.jpg

that would do quite nicely. If you want more SQ, go sealed, If you want more SPL, go ported. Build either box to manufacturer spec and you should be very happy.

i personally think they can be much more accurate. they're cheap in price though. you get what you pay for. but you're happy, and that's all that counts.

i gave the RSd12d 1500watts without a problem....a PG tech is known to say he couldnt kill it on 2kwatts.

town car and linls will verify that even tho their fruit cups:laugh:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.