Participant count
  • Participant list
Equip.

Pioneer DEX P9

PG Line Driver (PLD-1)

PG Bass Cube

JL Audio 1000/1

JL Audio 13.5" W7

Im setting up the jl 1000/1 with a PLD1 Line Driver but even after turning the line driver gain to max, the peak led does not come on. According to the manual i should increase the gain on the amp until it the sub distorts.

This is all well and good but at the Line drivers max gain (and the amp at min) my voltmeter reading is showing readings above the recommended target voltage!!

Whats going on??? Is the Line driver working prop or do conventional rules go out the window with JL W7's?????

HELP!!!!!!!

Im setting up the jl 1000/1 with a PLD1 Line Driver but even after turning the line driver gain to max, the peak led does not come on. According to the manual i should increase the gain on the amp until it the sub distorts.

This is all well and good but at the Line drivers max gain (and the amp at min) my voltmeter reading is showing readings above the recommended target voltage!!
If I remember correctly, line drivers are used to boost RCA level signals.

With the gain on the line driver set at max, you are sending a very powerful signal into your amplifier (probably around 8 volts - peak). Most amps are not designed to run at these high levels of input.

I recommend turning your line driver gain down to about 4V, and then boost your amp gain as stated

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.