People with low power systems in small cabins

Participant count
  • Participant list

T.I.K.
10+ year member

F*ck it, we'll do it live
Michigan
I was just wondering if you people who have or have had systems under 1000w could answer a question.

Would a 10" sub, ported @ ~35-36hz on 400w get decently loud in a crew cab toyota truck?

I've never had or heard subs in anything smaller than an SUV, so i'm just curious.

i doubt they are anything the same........but it just depends on the box and how efficient the sub is....thus far i dont think anything beats the dcon at 115$...and i think it will walk all over the SD 2.0

i doubt they are anything the same........but it just depends on the box and how efficient the sub is....thus far i dont think anything beats the dcon at 115$...and i think it will walk all over the SD 2.0
just the price difference, that SDC is probably 90 shipped, that DCON is 115 before shipping, and I'd love to hook my friend up with a DCON, but even though he has the money, he's a stingy little jew, so I know he won't bite :/

****....i guess just put it in the right box and it should be pretty good off 400
Yeah, I'll just make the box a little bigger, and tune it higher, should work fine.

hopefully he'll get into systems a little more, and he'll want better stuff, He just made a couple boxes to stick some 6x8's in the back of his truck so he would have more than his 4" dash speakers,

I had two JL10w0 off 300W in my old Bronco and it seemed pretty loud... that was my first system though, I didn't know what loud was then.

I'm sure the tiny Toyota cab will do fine. I'd really just tell your friend to wait another week or 2 for some extra cash. Say you won't do the build unless he gets a dcon:p

I was just wondering if you people who have or have had systems under 1000w could answer a question.
Would a 10" sub, ported @ ~35-36hz on 400w get decently loud in a crew cab toyota truck?

I've never had or heard subs in anything smaller than an SUV, so i'm just curious.
What truck? I have a tundra crew cab and it is NOT a small cabin.. I have 2 10s on 500 watts and they do alright.. they are in a sealed box behind the rear seat.. soon to be 2-3k lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.