peel and seal?

Ask for self-adhesive roll roofing material, asphalt based with an aluminum outer skin. The roofing dude will know what you're looking for.
That's the way to do it.

I did that at the local Home Hardware and the guy had some material in the back that I know would work perfect. Wound up to be a mere $70 (CAD) for ~ 250sq.ft. The things you sometimes find by asking ...

- Steve //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

DAMMMNNNNN, 250 sq feet for 70$...............hehe

Ya'll beter believe ill be pickin some up this weekend!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif

I've never found anybody selling peel & seal here in los angeles,

i think home depot sells a diff. brand in 6" wide rolls. I remember

they have aluminum outer skin & seems like it has the same thickness

of dynamat extreme.

I've seen the stuff melt, but only on trunk lids. I remember sometime last year Ant made a post describing the process through which it melts, and why products have to be specially designed and manufactured to function properly when being applied upside down. I don't remember the specifics of it.
Just a quick question, would you imagine an install on the floor of the rear of an SUV would be a safe application then, I plan on getting E-dead or SS for the tailgate, but the main floor and side panels, would it stay on there?

Good review //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/handclap.gif.0c301076f534e244f0460706894f19e0.gif Now I think I'm going to get some of this stuff. Do you put it on exactly the same way as dynamat and does it help the trunk rattle alot?

Yes, you put it on exact same way, no heat required. Their is still a bit of rattle on the outside. Before I could hear it rattle when I turned it up but I don't hear the trunk at all now.

On the inside I mean, I can't hear the trunk anymore on that inside, but still a tad on the outside but I can describe it as a more "Respectful" rattle. Made my stuff sound so so much cleaner.

Peace

Read My Review, Explains All!!!!!!!!!
Wow, great review. You went from not knowing anything about the stuff to becoming an expert in short time! Now I feel like a total ass for paying 20 bucks for 4 square feet of Dynamat when I could have got over 30.

Question though. You say you used 8 layers of the peal and seal. Would you also have needed to use 8 layers of Dynamat to get the same result? From what I read on this post I'm guessing you just did it cause your rattle was extremely bad, not because peal and seal was less effective. Some clarification would help.

Man, I wonder how the people at Dynamat and other deadeners are gonna respond to that. I like it when people challenge the big corporations with stuff like this. Great job education people and helping people save money! Thanks!

Ya the reason why I did 8 layers was because my trunk rattled so bad.....that when i turned my stuff up in my car you could hear the rattle over the bass, so it was pracitically pointless even playing it. Now I can't hear it whatsoever in the car. But like I said their is still a bit of trunk rattle on the outside, but it is much more respectable in a way in which if i pulled up to someone I wouldn't be embarassed like I was before. I could easily put up atleast 5 more layers on top of what i've got now....which I'll prolly do since im crazy enough!!!! And for $25 bucks I'll just hand the money over with out even thinking about it.

In my review I mentioned that this stuff is the exact same as the Original Dynamat, thickness, stickiness and flexibility. So the answer is yes I would have to layer the Dynamat 8 layers to get the same effect as the Peal and Seal.

This stuff will definately challenge those big companies. I hope I get as many people as I can to read my review so they won't waste their money on stuff that is more then 75% cheaper from the name brands such as Second Skin and Dynamat.

Anymore questions by anyone jus lemme know cause I'm free to answer them.....

Peace

This post should be made a sticky. I'm gonna go by Home Depot and check this stuff out. I'm psyched that I can do my whole trunk for about 25 bucks. Who woouldda ever thought?

kinda funny, i started this topic and havent even got a chance to look for it yet. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif no time and no extra money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LowLinc

10+ year member
LowLinc
Oxnard CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from