Pathfinder Setup Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Daleon

Hi guys, this is your basic semi-newb opinon poll as usual. I'm trying to slowly put together a sweet system.

98 Nissan Pathfinder

What I currently have - Kenwood Excelon Z828 HU

Rockford Punch 120

3 RF Punch 10's (****)

What I want -

Components - Either DEI Viper 650.2's on sale at sounddomain, CDT HD-62CF or CDT HD-62DT's.

Sub - SI Magnum D12, PG Ti12d Elite, or XXX 15.

Amps - To many choices.

Questions:

Components - I want to make sure I can fit whichever into doors and keep stock covers, etc. So depth is important. I think the CDT Euro frame style gives me a better chance at this. But really have no idea. I like the 180 rms of the 62DT's but power might be an issue.

Sub - The D12 is very price friendly, but hard to find. The PG is very price unfriendly but obtainable. The xxx 15 seems hard to find also, and powering this thing may be more than I can do.

Amps - For the components I am totally lost. I've seen where ppl use 2 2 channel amps to power front and rear separately. Does this cause any issues? What all can do you with an amp when dealing with compents? Can you go down to 2ohm, can you bridge without having separate right/left? The big 4 channel amps are rather expensive and along with sub amp would put a strain on my alt I think. I do want to push some serious RMS to the components. Hows 2 US Accoustics 2150's or Alpine MRV-T320's? Also should I stick with 2 ways or look at 3 ways since I am dealing with 4 doors?

Amp for sub - I'm leaning towards an MTX 81000D here. Price is good, and power output looks nice. I'd love to run 2 1000-1200 watt subs but I want to keep my 12volt alt for now.

Thx for any help or suggestions. I just don't want to waste a bunch of money on stuff I'll regret later.

I own a 1997 pathfinder and the cdt hd-62cf's that I have sound great. They fit but you have to trim the back of the white plastic mounting bracket. I used baffles to help with midbass response.

While you have the panels off get sound deadening. Dynamat Extreme was the best thing I ever did for my system. I only have front speakers but they fill the car with ease. Just get a 2 channel amp for the comp set. I love my diamond audio amps but I would probibly go with a hifonics amp for both the highs and the subs. the cdt tweeter actually wedge perfecly into our stock tweeter housings. you can mount the crossovers in the kick panels and imaging is pretty good for stock location.

Hi Berry,

Thx for the reply, great to hear from another Pathy owner. I was hoping for some suv owners around here. I saw a 2 door dynamat extreme kit tonight, prolly pick that up.

I'm going to order some bullet series stinger rca's for the comps. Should 20' be enough?

I'll have to put in some rear fill's, as I think one of them are blown as is. But I'll just run them off the HU. I was mainly worried about fitting them in, glad to hear its pretty easy.

When running just a 2 channel amp to front comps, do you have to stick to 4ohm and can't bridge right?

20' is plenty for mounting the amps to the back seat.

I would just take out the speakers in the back.

On a 2 channel amp you will have a left and a right channel each at 4 ohms. if you have a four channel you can bridge it to create a 2 channel amp.

Looks like zeb is out of the HD-62CF's and is now selling the HD-62EF's in their place. Are these the same really or is there a difference? I can't find anything on these particular models at cdtaudio.

Ok, I think I will go with those then.

I picked up a Hifonics Warrior Eagle 4 channel... not sure if I want to keep it yet. The specs for power are good, 40x4@4 and 160x2@4. I am a little worried about the quality of it, atleast its hifonics though. Thinking I maybe should have gone with a NX440 or ZX440 instead.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.